Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
47-B, North Block, New Delhi,
Dated the 26 March, 2019
All Principal Chief Commissioners/ Principal Director Generals/ Chief Commissioners / Directors General under the Central Board of Excise and Customs.
Subject: Filling up of the post of Deputy Chairman in Deendayal Port Trust (DPT) on deputation basis- reg.
Sir / Madam
The Ministry of Shipping, vide their circular No.A-12022/1/2019-PE.I dated 07.03.2019 has invited applications for the post of Deputy Chairman in Deendayal Port Trust (DPT) on deputation basis (copy enclosed):
2. It is requested that the above post may kindly be circulated amongst the eligible officers under your charge and applications of eligible and willing officers may be sent through proper channel to the Board latest by 11.04.2019, it may be ensured that the particulars furnished by the applicants are correct and duly authenticated applications in prescribed format may be forwarded through proper channel to the Board.
3. It may please be noted that applications received not through proper channel and without authentication/ verification of the particulars of the officer from Service Book will not be entertained.
Encl: As above
(S.A. A sari)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
(i) The Website Manager, Directorate of Systems, New Delhi with the request to put the above circular in the department’s Website.
(ii) ADG, HRM-II, Rajendra Place, New Delhi-110008
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF SHIPPING
1, Parliament Street
Dated the 7th March, 2019
Subject: Filling up the post of Deputy Chairman, Deendayal Port Trust- Calling for Applications- -reg.
The Ministry of Shipping invites applications from the from All India Service/Central Services Group ‘A’ officers and also from eligible Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts for the post of Deputy Chairman in Deendayal Port Trust. The All India Service/Central Services Group ‘A’ officers will carry their parent cadre pay scale and the Port Officers will carry the pay scale of Rs. 75,000-90,000/- (in IDA pattern) as Deputy Chairman. The Port Trust is an autonomous body governed under the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963. Appointment to the post is made by the Central Govt. under section 3(I) (b) of the Major Port Trusts Act. 1963.
2. The Deputy Chairman of the Port is one of the trustees of the Board. He is the Deputy Chief Executive of the Organization and assists the Chairman in all aspects of Port functioning. He is required to exercise administrative and financial powers and also to supervise the functioning of various departments with the ports. The job requirements. therefore, are the following: –
(i) Wide administrative experience and General Managerial ability:
(ii) Experience and talent in man-management in highly unionized environment:
(iii) Experience and ability in Financial Management:
(iv) Ability to formulate and implement development plans and also to prepare broad perspective plan fir development of a pore
(v) Ability to co-ordinate with various agencies such as State Governments, the Law and order authorities. different agencies of Central Government such as customs. Railway. Ministry of Labour. etc.;
(vi) Experience and ability in personnel management and understanding of establishment matters.
3. Name of willing and eligible All India Services/Central Group ‘A’ Civil Services officer, as under, may be recommended:
(a) The officers belonging to All India Services/Central Group ‘A. Civil Services who have put not less than 13 years of service in Group ‘A’ arc eligible to he considered for the post. Preference may be given to those having experience of working in Port and Shipping sectors. The terms and conditions of appointment of the officers selected shall be as per the rules and instructions of Central Government.
(b) The post is not a part of the Central Staffing Scheme. The appointment will be made on deputation basis for a period of 5 years or as may be decided by the Competent Authority.
(c) The officers who satisfied the above criteria must have at least four years service before retirement.
(d) The Cadre Controlling Authority/the State Government is requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy and forward names of suitable and willing officers for consideration for the post. The ACRs (only attested photocopies) of the officer for the last five years i.e. from 2013-14 to 2017-18 (lithe ACRs of a particular year/period between 2013-14 and 2017-18 are pending/ not available, “No Report Certificate– along with ACRs of preceding years may be furnished) along with the hio-data in the enclosed format (Annexure I), and clearance from administrative/vigilance angles and Integrity Certificate may also be sent. The vigilance clearance of the officer may be sent in the prescribed profbrma attached with the application form.
4. Name of willing arid eligible Port Officer, as under, may be recommended:
(a) Officers holding the posts of Deputy Chairman in Category II ports with minimum 2 years of regular service falling which from officers holding the posts of Dy. Chairman in Category 11 ports with less than 2 years of regular service but combined regular service of at least 6 years in the posts of Dy. Chairman of Category II ports and 110Ds of category I ports or officers holding the posts of Dy. Chairman in Category II ports with less than 2 years of regular service but combined regular service of at least 7 years in the posts of Dy. Chairman of category II ports and HOD of Category II ports.
Provided that incumbents of highly specialised posts of 110Ds such as Chief’ Medical Officers and Chief Law Officers shall not he elf ihle for consideration.
(b) Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts who are eligible to be considered for the post as per para 4 (a) above may send their applications through proper channel as per the proforma enclosed (Annexure I).
(c) While forwarding the applications the Chairman of the concerned Port may please ensure the following documents are sent along with the application form:
(i) Attested copies of ACRs of last 5 years (2013-14 to 2017-18)
(ii) A certificate on adverse entries in the ACRs. if any.
(iii) If the ACRs of a particular year/ period between 2013-14 to 2017-18 is pending/not available, “No Report Certificate” may he furnished along with ACRs of preceding years.
(iv) A statement showing ACRs erading should also be furnished.
(v) The details regarding officers holding higher posts on ad-hoc/temporary basis should he clearly specified.
(vi) The Vigilance status of the candidate in the prescribed proforma duly filled in column-wise and signed by CVOs ot’ the concerned Port (with details of last ten years )
5. All the applicants, after registering themselves in the Online Recruitment Portal http://onlinevacancy.shipmin.nic.in, are required to apply for the post and thereafter a printout of the filled up application may also be sent to this Ministry in hard copy.
6. Candidates, who have already applied against the advertisement dated 10.01.2019 issued by the Ministry, need not re-apply for the post. The candidature of these candidates will also be considered as per the eligibility criteria mentioned at Para 3 (a) and 4 (a) above.
7. The application of the eligible candidates along with all requisite documents as mentioned above may be forwarded so as to reach this Ministry on or before 22.04.2019. The applications which are received after due date/not sent through proper channel will not be considered. The applications may be sent to the undersigned at the following address and e-mail given below:
Under Secretary (PHRD) Ministry of Shipping.
Room No. 438. Transport Bhawan
1, Parliament Street. New Delhi-110001.
(R. K. NIGAM)
UNDER SECRETARY TO THE GOVT. OF INDIA
Tele/Fax No: 011-23719492
1. Chief Secretaries of the States/UT Govts.
2. Department of Personnel & Training.
3. Ministry of Home Affairs
4. Ministry of Environment and Forest
5. Secretaries of All Ministries and Departments under Govt. of India
1. Establishment Officer & Additional Secretary. Department of Personnel and training, Room No. 115, North Block, New Delhi-110001 for information.
2. Senior Technical Director, NIC, M/0 Shipping for posting a copy of the Circular in website of the Ministry of Shipping. It is also requested to send a scanned copy of the vacancy circular to DOPT for posting it on their website. The e-mail address of DOPT is firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com. The subject of the e-mail should be “Vacancies in Autonomous Organisations”
3. Technical Director. NIC, DOPT. Room No. 11/A, North Block. New Delhi.
4. Nodal Officer. Ministry of Shipping
5. Guard File