RCMC is a certificate that validates an exporter dealing with products registered with an agency/ organization that are authorised by the Indian Government.
For availing authorization to import/ export or any other benefit or concession under Foreign Trade Policy, exporters are required to obtain RCMC granted by the concerned Export Promotion Councils/ FIEO/Commodity Boards/ Authorities.
Presently, there are fourteen Export Promotion Councils under the Department of Commerce. These Councils are registered as non-profit organizations under the Companies Act/ Societies Registration Act.
Names of all the fourteen Export Promotion Councils are:
1. EEPC India
2. Project Exports Promotion Council of India (PEPC)
3. Basic Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics Export Promotion Council (Chemexcil)
4. Chemicals and Allied Products Export Promotion Council (CAPEXIL)
5. Council for Leather Exports
6. Sports Goods Export Promotion Council
7. Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council
8. Shellac Export Promotion Council
9. Cashew Export Promotion Council of India
10. The Plastics Export Promotion Council
11. Export Promotion Council for EOUs & SEZ Units (EPCES)
12. Pharmaceutical Export Promotion Council
13. Indian Oil Seeds & Produce Export Promotion Council (IOPEPC)
14. Services Export Promotion Council
The certificate is issued for five years by the Export Promotional Councils or commodity board in India.
An exporter desiring to obtain an RCMC must declare his mainstream business in the application. This application would be submitted to the Export Promotion Council/ Commodity Board relating to that line of business.
RCMC is required for:
Any person, applying for
(i) a license/certificate/permission to import/export, [except items listed as restricted items in ITC9HS)] or
(ii) any other benefit or concession under this policy shall be required to furnish Registration-cum-Membership Certificate (RCMC) granted by the competent authority following the procedure specified in the Handbook (Vol. 1) unless specifically exempted under the Policy.
Requirements for obtaining RCMC:
NOTE: – (I) Organisation who can take registration
1. Company (Public, Private, OPC)
3. Chamber of Commerce
(II) Application fees is based on the export turnover of the organisation.
Disclaimer: -This article is for informational purposes only and is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be correct, complete, and up-to-date. Whitespan Advisory does not warrant that the information contained in this article to be accurate or complete, and hereby disclaims any and all liability to any person for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accident or any other cause.