Procedure For Closure of LLP
In case the Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) wants to close down its business or where it is not carrying on any business operations for the period of one year or more, , it can make an application to the Registrar of Companies for declaring the company as defunct and removing the name of the LLP from its register of LLP’s.
|S.No.||Form||Particulars||Details (Attachments)||Relevant Section|
|1||Meeting of Partners for Closure of LLP||Resolution for Closure of LLP should be approved by at least 3/4 of Partners|
|2||An application is required to be made in e-Form 24 to the Registrar of Companies for Striking off the name of the LLP with the concent of Partners||Eligibility of Applications
1 . Cease of Business operation for 1year or more
2. Complied with Annual Compliance for the period upto its operations.
3. Closure of Bankaccount
4. Obtain concent of Partners
5. Obtain concent of Creditors if any
6. Authorization of Application by any of the designated Partners.
7. Statement of Assets and Liability shall be prepared certified by chartered accountant
8. Acknowledgement of Latest Income tax return
9. Statement of undertakings or indemnity Bond
|clause (b) of sub rule 1 of Rule 37 of LLP Rules 2008|
|3||Eform 24||Applicant should file form with following Documents||Documents required
1. An affidavit signed by the designated partners [as per the format has given sub-clause (b) of clause (II) of sub-rule (1A) to rule 37)];
2. Copy of the undertaking/ indemnity bond for striking off name Indemnity bond
3. Copy of authority to make the application duly signed by all the partners;
4. Copy of acknowledgment of latest ITR.
5. Consent of all the partners;
6. Consent of creditors.
7. Statements of accounts disclosing nil assets and nil liabilities certified by a Chartered Accountant in practice made up to a date not earlier than thirty days of the date of filing; and
8. Application disclosing the reasons for strike off and the operative status of the Company.
9. PAN of LLP
10. Bank Account Closure Statement
|4||Documents from Partners & Designated Partners||1. PAN of Partners
2. Aadhaar of Partners
3. Latest Address Proof of Partners
|5||Surrender PAN of LLP||Once Certificate of striking off of the LLP is received from ROC, surrender the PAN and TAN of the Limited Liability Partnership.|