Learn about the EPS 95 higher pension application validation process by the employer and EPFO. Guidelines, submission steps, approval, rejection reasons, and grievance handling explained.
1. The EPFO vide circular dated 23.04.2023 prescribed the guidelines for validation of EPS-95 higher pension applications submitted by the employee & employer.
2. Once the employee submits the application, it will flow into Employer’s login under the Tab “Approve POHW (Pension on Higher Wages) Request”
3. The employer will upload month-wise details of each employee in a prescribed format (word file). A help file is available in the employer’s login indicating the format, data structure, and all the relevant information required for the purpose.
4. Incorrect / Incomplete application submitted by the Employee The employer after verifying the details can approve or reject the application. The incorrect/incomplete application will be rejected by the employer. The reasons for rejection are required to be indicated by the employer. The reasons for rejections are broadly classified as (a) a joint option not made and (b) other reasons.
4.1 The other reason for rejection can be the incorrect/incomplete details uploaded by the employee while submitting the application.
4.2 The application rejected by the employer will not be reflected in the employee’s login. It will be received at EPFO’s login indicating the status as “Not Approved “.
4.3 The EPFO will reject such applications and inform the members citing the reasons given by the employer for non-approval.
4.4 An opportunity will be given to the employer for providing any additional proof or evidence or correcting any mistakes/ errors. Such opportunity will be for a period of one month and under intimation to the employees/ pensioners.
4.5 The Employees who have done mistakes / uploaded incomplete details while submitting online applications need to approach the employer for corrections. The corrections cannot be done by the employees on their own. The employers only can correct the mistakes on receipt o the rejection message by the EPFO.
5. The approved applications submitted by the employer will be examined at EPFO. The wage details submitted by the employers will be verified with the details available with the EPFO.
6 The cases where the details provided by the employer match with the details available with EPFO, the dues will be calculated and the order will be passed.
6.1 The cases where there is a mismatch in details uploaded in the Portal by the employee and the details available with EPFO, the same will be informed to the employer and the employee/pensioner by the EPFO and one month time will be given to complete/ correct the information.
7. In a case where complete information is not provided in the application and has been vetted and approved by the employer: – The EPFO will seek information from the employer under intimation to the employees/ pensioners within one month. In case the complete information is not received, EPFO will pass the relevant order.
8. Grievance Any grievance by the applicant can be registered on EPFIGMS after submission of his request and payment of due contribution, if any.
Disclaimer: The article is for educational purposes only.
The author can be approached at firstname.lastname@example.org