1. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) vide circular dated 20.02.2023 has laid down the detailed guidelines for online submission of application and enabled the URL of the members’ portal for the purpose. The members are unable to proceed with the submission of application. They are getting Error Messages while login on to the portal.
2. The issue has been addressed by EPFO vide Frequently Asked Questions on the Portal. The summary of Errors & the solution thereof, are as follows: –
(a) ERROR CODE – SQEO6 – Name is not as per UAN-
Solution: Provide the name as per UAN for giving Joint Option (on the first page, where the basic details are required to be entered) whereas, for validation of joint option, the name should be as per PPO.
(b) ERROR CODE _SQEOO -: No detail found against PPO.
Solution: Online applications should be filed by members as per their details in PPO or UAN as the case may be.
(c) ERROR CODE_SQE-07- “Establishment not available against this member ID
Solution: Your member ID does not match with PPO details, enter the correct Member ID and try again.
(d) ERROR CODE: ENC_DEC_OO Form parameter tempered.
It may appear due to the following reasons: –
(i) Screen remaining idle for too long.
Solution: – Refresh/close and try to submit again.
(ii) DOB or name mismatch.
Solution: Submit details Name/DOB as per PPO Application for validation of Joint Options & Name/DOB as per UAN Joint Options
(e) ERROR CODE _SQE (1422) Exact fetch returns more than the requested number of rows.
Solution: This problem has been rectified. Try to submit it again.
(f) Unable to activate UAN due to mismatch in name in PPO and AADHAR and thus not able to apply online for higher pension.
Solution: – Activation of UAN is not required. Provide the name as per UAN for giving Joint Option (on the first page, where the basic details are required to be entered) whereas, for validation of joint option, the name should be as per PPO
(g) There is no option available to edit already submitted online option, so, no way was provided to rectify the mistake / upload the correct document
Solution: A button for Delete Application has been provided for those who desire to file a fresh application however; it can be used only if the employer has not acted on the application. In cases where the employer has acted on the application, an opportunity will be given for any clarification or corrections. Member need not apply again when the application has been processed by the employer and shall submit clarification changing in response when the case is referred.
(h) The request for exercising joint options under para 11(3) and 11(4) of EPS- 1995 was successfully submitted online. But due to some inadvertent error during submission Employer rejected the application. Unable to submit option 2nd time at the portal.
Solution: As per circular No. Pension/POHW/2023/69114/615 dated 03.05.2023, an opportunity will be given for any clarification or corrections. Member need not apply again when the application has been processed by employer. He shall submit clarification or change the response when the case is referred back to the employer.
(i) How do member will estimate the dues for past contributions in Pension Fund
Solution: A tool to estimate the amount will be provided shortly. Further, the exact amount will be communicated by the concerned office in Demand Notice after verifying the application and wage details of eligible applicants.
3. PENSION REFUND CALCULATOR A tool has been provided to calculate the dues for past contributions.
3.1 The members need to enter the Salary details. The total amount payable along with interest will be calculated automatically.
4. The EPFO vide circular dated 22.04.2023 stated, that in the case where the submitted information is not complete or seems erroneous or any information in the application/ joint option form needs correction request or is not found eligible, EPFO will seek information from the employers under intimation to the employees/pensioners within one month.
5. Application rejected by the employer: Even if, the application is rejected by the employer, it will be received at EPFO’s login indicating the status as “Not Approved. The EPFO will refer back to the said application to the employer (under intimation to the employee) in the following format.
6. Application Rejected by the EPFO: The application submitted by the employee can be rejected by the EPFO for any of the following reasons: –
(a) The employee and the employer(s) had NOT contributed to EPF above the wage ceiling of Rs.5000/6500 under Para 26(6) of EPF Scheme, ‘1952.
(b) The employee has NOT furnished proof of remittance of contribution in EPF above wage ceiling along with online application
(c) The employer(s) has NOT furnished proof of remittance of the Employer’s Share in EPF above the wage ceiling along with an online application.
(d) it is NOT known whether the employee had exercised Joint Option under the proviso to Para 11(3) of pre-amended EPS, 1995 while being its member before 01.09.2014.
(e) The employee/employer(s) has NOT attached proof of Joint Option under Para 26(6) of EPF Scheme duly verified by the employer and delivered to this office
(f) The employer(s) has NOT furnished complete wage details of the employee
(g) The wage details furnished online by the employer(s) do NOT match with available records in the system data of this office.
(h) The employer(s) has not furnished proof of remittance of administrative/inspection charges of EPF above the wage ceiling along with an online application.
(i) The employer(s) has not furnished the yearly PF interest rate of PF Trust.
7. The EPFO will click on the applicable reasons above and refer back the application to the employer. One month will be given to the employer to submit the requisite information/documents as per deficiencies indicated al Para.
8. EPFO’s guidelines & circular for Pension Calculation Formula are still awaited.
Disclaimer: The article is for educational purposes only.
The author can be approached at email@example.com