Employee s Provident Fund Organisation
No. CSD-l/CPGRAMS/Pragat/E-Samlksha/2016/1289 Dated: 01.11.2016
All Addl C.P.F.Cs (Zones )
All R.P.F.CS (In Charge) of Regional offices
All R.P.F.CS (In Charge) of Sub-Regional Offices
SUB: PAYMENT OF PF AND PENSION ON THE DATE OF RETIREMENT TO EPF AND EPS MEMBERS· PRAGATI REVIEW MEETING HELD ON 26.10.2016 -reg
In continuation of Instructions issued vide circular of even number dated 31.10.2016 regarding settlement of claims in respect of death cases on priority within seven days and with regard to follow-up measures of PRAGATI review meeting taken by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 26.10.2016 ,it has been decided that PF and pension payments to members or EPF Scheme 1952 and EPS 1995 are made on the date of retirement Itself .
In order to provide better and hassle free services to our members the following actions should be taken to facilitate payment of PF and Pension on the date of retirement :-
- Monthly list of such retiring EPF/ EPS members attaining the age of superannuation should be generated three months in advance by concerned RO/SRO and should be communicated to the concerned members and their respective employers.
- The employers should be requested to make payment of contributions in advance in respect of such retiring employees one month in advance of the date or their retirement.
- The PRO and officials in the Facilitation Centre should be instructed to scrutinise the claim forms received in respect or retirement cases and guide the claimants for submission of all required documents in one attempt only
- For this purpose an official trained and deputed in the facilitation centre will receive the retirement claims. Proper display in this regard be made on the seat/counter “Please contact for Retirement Cases” in Hlndi,Regional Language and English.
- All such retirement claims should be stamped in bold “Retirement Claims·Top priority“
- The PF claim settlement amount must invariably be credited to the member accounts on or before the date of retirement.
- Regarding pension claims, a copy of PPO should be issued to retiring member on the date of his / her retirement.
- The Officers-In-Charge of all field offices shall personally monitor the retirement cases on priority and ensure that the above instructions are implemented Fully.
( Dr. V. P. Joy)
Central P. F. Commissioner