Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
North Block, New Delhi-110001
Dated 27th May, 2021
In exercise of the powers, conferred under Section 10(2)(1) of the Disaster Management Act 2005, the undersigned hereby directs that Ministry of Home Affairs’ Order of even number dated 29th April 2021, to ensure compliance to the containment measures for COVID-19, as conveyed vide Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) DO No. Z.28015/85/2021-DM Cell dated 25th April 2021, will remain in force upto 30th June 2021..
Union Home Secretary
and, Chairman, National Executive Committee (NEC)
1. The Secretaries of Ministries/ Departments of Government of India
2. he Chief Secretaries/Administrators of States/Union Territories
(As per list attached)
i. All Members of the National Executive Committee
ii. Member Secretary, National Disaster Management Authority
AJAY BHALLA, IAS
Government of India
27th May, 2021
Dear Chief Secretary,
Kindly refer to Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) Order of even number issued today, vide which MHA Order dated 29.04.2021, issued to ensure compliance to the containment measures for COVID-19, as conveyed by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) D.O. letter dated 25.04.2021, has been extended upto 30th June, 2021.
2. The strict implementation of containment and other measures has led to a declining trend in the number of new and active cases, across States & UTs, barring some areas in the Southern and North-Eastern regions.
3. I would like to highlight that in spite of the declining trend, the number of active cases presently is still very high. It is, therefore, important that containment measures may continue to be implemented strictly. Any relaxation by States/UTs, may be considered at an appropriate time, in a graded manner, after assessing the local situation, requirements and resources.
4. I would, therefore, urge you to continue compliance to the containment measures, as has been advised by MoHFW in their letter dated 25.04.2021, so as to fully overcome the pandemic. In this regard, necessary directions may be issued to district authorities in your State/UT, for taking all necessary measures. I would also advise that Orders/guidelines, issued by the respective State Governments/UT Administrations/ district authorities, for implementing containment measures, should be widely disseminated to the public and to the field functionaries, for their effective implementation.
Chief Secretaries of all States