MCA has amended the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 w.e.f. July 25,2019 and brought certain amendments in filing of form DIR-3 KYC by providing Web-based verification service for the Directors who have been allotted Director Identification Number (DIN). Hence, introducing Web-based DIR-3 KYC. Directors and professionals need not fill in the same information again that has already been remitted to the Ministry thereby not making the compliance repetitive and cumbersome in nature.
|Web Service-DIR-3 KYC||E-form DIR-3 KYC|
|Applicability||Shall be used by the DIN holder who has submitted DIR-3KYC e-form in the previous financial year and no update is required in his DIN details.
|1. E-form DIR-3 KYC is to be filed by an individual who holds Din and is filing his KYC details for the first time.
2. DIN holder who has already filed KYC once in e-form DIR-3KYC but wants to update his details like Personal Mobile No. or E-mail Address provided in MCA
|All the individuals who had DIN on or before 31st March,2018 and who had filed DIR-3 KYC form, and if their details are same as filed in the form, they have to file web based DIR-3 KYC.
|If an individual has obtained DIN between 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019 then in this case such individual shall file e-form DIR-3 KYC.
Further if any individual has already filed KYC Form and needs to update his DIN details then e-form DIR-3 KYC needs to be filed.
Due Date of Filing: It is required to be filed by every DIN Holder of DIN by September 30, 2019
|Fees payable till 30th September of every financial year in respect of DIR-3KYC form and Web based form for immediate previous year.`||NIL|
|Fees payable after due date||₹5000|
1. First of all log in the MCA portal to start your web based KYC.
2. Under Din services, DIR-3 KYC WEB is highlighted.
3. Click on this highlighted link.
4. Enter the DIN of the individual for whom KYC is done.
5. Mobile number and e-mail ID entered in previous year KYC would appear.
6. Click on send OTP button.
7. Take OTP from the client and enter and click on verify button.
8. All the details that you had entered in the form earlier would be displayed on the screen.
9. Verify all the details in the form whether they are correct or not.
10. If there is no change, click “I Accept and declare that the particulars declared are true and correct”.
11. After that payments details would appear.
12. Click on “Continue” although the fee is NIL. Challan would be generated.
13. DIR3 KYC has been done for director.
About the author
CS Dr. Rupinder Katoch
Associate Professor,Mittal School of Business,Lovely Professional University.