Under the Companies Act 2013, Every directors appointed by the members of the company, but appointment of Additional Directors is the exceptions to this:
Under Section 161(1) BOD the power to appoint any person other than a person who fails to get appointed as director in a general meeting ,as an additional director at any time .such director shall hold office up to the date of the next annual general meeting or the last date on witch the annual general meeting should have been held , whichever is earlier .
1. Make the application for the DIN u/s 153 by filling e-form DIR -3 with the following documents: .
a. Form DIR2 section 152(5) consent to act as the director.
b. Form MBP-1 SEC 184(1) -disclosure of the interest .
c. Form DIR8 SEC 152(4)-Qualified to become a director .
2. Hold Board meeting and pass board resolutions for the appointment of the additional director u/s 161(1)
3. Filling of E-form DIR-12 by the company with the registrar within 30 days of passing of board resolutions.
1. Hold board meeting for calling AGM and dispatch detailed statement with notice of AGM to the members .
2. Pass the ordinary resolutions for the appointment as director in the general meeting .
3. After filling the E-FORM-DIR-12 with the registrar for the intimation of change in designation from, Additional Director to the Director of the company.
4. maximum number of the additional directors and Power to appoint shall be fixed in the AOA .
5. Power of the additional director is same of normal director
1. E-FORM DIR 3 APPLICATION FOR ALLOTMENT OF PIN
2. DIR 2 CONSENT TO ACT AS DIRECTOR
3. NOT DISQUALIFIED TO APPOINT AS DIRECTOR
4. MBP 1 DISCLOSURE OF INTEREST .
5. E-FORM DIR 12 :Particulars of appointment of directors.