Government of India
Ministry of CorporateAffairs
5th Floor, Shastri Bhavan,
New Delhi, Dated: 14.06.2017
Subject:- Constitution of Regional Committee(s) to review withdrawal of prosecution cases in their region-reg.
In the meeting held under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department of Justice it was decided to chalk out an “Action Plan for Special Arrears Clearance Drives” so as to reduce the number of Court cases. There has been continued concern on account of ever increasing litigation and the need for reducing the arrears and back log of cases in the Courts is imperative. There view of these pending cases is long overdue, and while reviewing cost of litigation, corresponding relief including time taken for disposal, etc. are required to be kept in mind.
2. Keeping in view the above the Ministry has decided to constitute following Regional Committees under the Chairmanship of Regional Director(s) of the concerned region(s) who would review all the prosecutions/pending litigations in their region(s) including cases filed by the Official Liquidators and furnish a report to the Ministry within two months. The Regional Committee(s) would identify the cases which can be withdrawn highlighting the basis of withdrawal along with list of cases, their case numbers, the Courts where these cases are pending shall be mentioned in the report in the tabular form.
Regional Committees of Ministry of Corporate Affairs:-
1. Regional Director, Northern Region– Chairperson
|(i)||ROC, Delhi & Haryana||Member|
Regional Director, South Eastern Region
2. RD, SER –Chairperson
Regional Director, Western Region
3. RD,West Chairperson
(i) ROC,Mumbai Member
(ii) ROC,Pune Member
(ii) ROC-cum-OL,Goa – Member
(iv) OL, Mumbai Member
(v) OL, Nagpur Member
Regional Director, North Western Region
4. RD, NWR – Chairperson
Regional Director, North Eastern Region
5. RD,NER – Chairperson
Regional Director, Eastern Region
6. RD, ER – Chairperson
Regional Director, South Region
7. RD, SR – Chairperson
The following guidelines may be followed while performing the duties assigned to the Committees:-
3. Each Committee shall submit its report to the Ministry clearly indicating road map for withdrawal of cases and the percentage of cases getting reduced as a result of such withdrawal. On receipt of such a report from each regions, the necessary approval of withdrawal of such cases shall be taken and communicated to the respective Regional Directors, Registrar of Companies and Official Liquidators.
4. This has approval of the Competent Authority.
Joint Director (Legal)
Tele No: 23381687
All Regional Directors, ROCs, OLs
1. PPS to Secretary,CA
2. PPS to Additional Secretary,CA
5. All officers of the Ministry