As we see now a days, so many companies are getting incorporated successfully with different objectives in the form of Public, Private or any other identity as per the provisions of Companies Act, 2013 & via Several other applicable laws.
Eventually even after incorporation, a number of compliances has to be done by the Company such as conducting first Board Meeting within a stipulated time of 30 Days from it’s incorporation. It is one of the compliance need to be taken care of. So here, we are discussing about the agendas which must be included in the first Board Meeting of the company after incorporation.
As per the Section 173(1) of the Companies Act, 2013 ‘every company shall hold the first meeting of the Board of Directors within 30 (thirty) days from the date of its incorporation. ‘Along with the provisions of Companies Act, 2013 Every Company have to follow Secretarial Standard -1 for Holding of Board Meeting.
1. To appoint Chairman of the meeting.
2. To take a note of certificate of incorporation.
3. To take a note of Memorandum and Articles of Association.
4. To take a note of Registered office of the company
5. To take a note on the Capital Structure and subscribers to the Memorandum.
6. To ratify the appointment of first Directors.
7. To note general disclosure of director’s interest and disqualification for appointment of director’s.
8. Authority to file INC 20-A.
9. To adopt the common seal of the Company.
10. Printing of share certificates.
11. Authority to sign share certificate and other official documents.
12. Allotment of equity shares.
13. To Approve Preliminary expenses.
14. Fixation of the financial year of the company.
15. To Consider the Appointment of first statutory auditor.
16. To keep minutes in loose leaf binder.
17. To authorize a director of Company to certify and circulate certify copy of Board Minutes.
18. To take on note of the printing of stationery and painting on name plates as per Section 12(3) of Co act and finalization of company logo, Letter Head of Company as per Section 12.
19. Register of contracts or arrangements u/s 189 of the companies act, 2013.
20. Maintenance of statutory register and other statutory records under companies act, 2013.
21. To Determine the Powers of Board
22. Noting of PAN and TAN of the company.