CS M. Kurthalanathan
Normally, the company may provide e-voting facility through NSDL or CDSL as an alternative, for all the shareholders of the company to enable them to cast their votes electronically on the resolutions mentioned in the notice of the general meeting.
- Log on to the E-Voting website www.evotingindia.com or other designated website provided by the company.
- Click on “Shareholders” tab to cast your votes.
- Select the Electronic Voting Sequence Number (EVSN) along with Company Name from the drop down menu and click on “SUBMIT”
- Now, fill up the following details in the appropriate boxes;
||For members holding shares in Demat form
||For members holding shares in Physical Form
|| For NSDL:
8 character DP ID followed by 8 Digits client IDFor CDSL:16 digit beneficiary ID
|Folio number Registered with the Company.
||Enter your 10 digit alpha- numeric *PAN issued by the Income Tax Department when prompted by the system while E-Voting (applicable for both demat shareholders as well as physical shareholders
||Enter the Date of Birth as recorded in your demat account or in the company records for the said demat account or folio in dd/mm/yyyy format.
|Dividend Bank Details *
||Enter the Dividend Bank Details as recorded in your demat account or in the company records for the said demat account or folio
@Members who have not updated their PAN with the Company/Depository Participant are requested to use the default number provided by the company in the PAN field.
*Please enter any one of the details in order to login.
- After entering these details appropriately, click on SUBMIT” tab
- Members holding shares in physical form will then reach directly to the EVSN selection screen. However, members holding shares in demat form will now reach ‘Password Creation’ menu wherein they are required to mandatorily change their login password in the new password field. The new password has to be minimum eight characters consisting of at least one upper case (A-Z), one lower case (a-z), one numeric value (0-9) and a special character(@ # $ %& *). Kindly note, that this changed password is to be also used by the Demat holders for voting of resolutions for the Company or any other Company on which they are eligible to vote, provided that Company opts for E-Voting through CDSL platform. It is strongly recommended not to share your password with any other person and take utmost care to keep your password confidential.
- Click on the relevant EVSN on which you choose to vote.
- On the voting page, you will see Resolution Description and against the same the option “YES/NO” for voting. Select the option YES or NO as desired. The option YES implies that you assent to the Resolution and option NO implies that you dissent to the Resolution.
- Click on the “Resolutions File Link” if you wish to view the entire Resolutions.
- After selecting the Resolution you have decided to vote on, click on “SUBMIT”. A confirmation box will be displayed. If you wish to confi rm your vote, click on “OK”, else to change your vote, click on “CANCEL” and accordingly modify your vote.
- Once you “CONFIRM” your vote on the resolution, you will not be allowed to modify your vote
Disclaimer : This is only sample procedure to be followed by the shareholder while casting their vote through electronic means. It may be noted that the procedure of e-voting may differ from one company to another.