This is to inform that Multipurpose Empanelment form for the year 2011-12 (including form for empanelment of Bank Branch Auditors for the year 2011-12) has been hosted on the website www.meficai.org . Last date for submission of online applications on www.meficai.org is 27th August, 2011.
The Institute reserves the right to call from the applicants for additional information including financial documents, annual financial statements, income tax & service tax returns and such other documents as may be considered appropriate.
Applicants should note that Q. No. 13 onwards including Requirements of Urban Cooperative Banks /Credit & other cooperative society?s panel, is optional. However, members are encouraged to provide the same since this would be considered to provide experience specific panels to various authorities/entities as per the criteria specified by them. No further information would be called for by the Institute in respect of experience requirements.
Please ensure that you go through the advisory prior to filling up the form. In case of any problem, you may lodge a complaint at the complaint centre available at www.meficai.org. In case the complaint remains unresolved for two working days, you can call upon at 011-30110438 , 30110444, 30110508, 30110451 and 30110480 to get your problems resolved at the earliest.
ADVISORY FOR MULTI PURPOSE EMPANELMENT FORM (MEF) FOR THE YEAR 2011-12
1. Last date for submission of applications on the website www.meficai.org is 27th August, 2011.(5.30 PM.)
2. Members are advised to fill MEF well in advance to avoid last minute rush and technical problems.
3. The information filled in by the applicant in MEF can be edited/modified any number of times before online submission of MEF.
4. All correspondence, acknowledgement, discrepancy letters, etc. will preferably be through e-mail only. Please fill up e-mail id correctly and ensure that it is active.
5. Unique Code Number (UCN) is allotted by the Institute. UCN is very important because it facilitates in compiling the applicants’ bank audit experience. Therefore, an applicant must ensure that correct UCN appears in the MEF.
6. Old applicant practising in individual name should continue to use the same UCN in case he forms a sole proprietary concern.
7. Members may note that experience in capacity , as articled/audit assistant or paid employee/assistant should not be added in experience columns’ to be mentioned in Questions of MEF.
8. In case the applicant was appointed as Central/Branch Statutory Auditor of a Public Sector Bank in the previous financial yea r , the following may be noted to avoid conflict of interest:
a) Don’t associate with the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates, as concurrent/internal/ income and expenditure or revenue auditor/stock auditor/auditor of borrowers accounts.
b) Don’t take a loan (including outstanding on credit card) from/give a guarantee to a loan from the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/associates .
c) Don’t accept the position of a Director on the Board of the same Bank (of which the applicant is appointed as statutory auditor) or any of its subsidiaries/ associates.
9. If an applicant has done audit of two or more than two entities or Statutory Central and/or as well as branch audit of a Bank for the same year , then it should be counted as one year experience only , while filling-up various entries in the form.
10. The Institute reserves right to call for from the applicant additional information including financial documents, annual financial statements, income tax & service tax returns and such other documents, as may be considered appropriate.
11. While every care is taken in preparing the panel, in the event of any inadvertent mistake or omission, the Institute will not be responsible in any manner
12. The Institute does not undertake any responsibility with regard to the allotment of audit.
13. Procedure for logging into MEF:
a) a. MEF is designed differently each in case of sole proprietary concern, partnership concern and members practising in individual name and thus, the applicant should select his option carefully
b) b. Visit www.meficai.org and select your option for empane l ment as a sole proprietor/partnersh i p concern/individual .
c) c. Remember the PASSWORD for future reference, as you would be able to log into your form using this password ONLY.
14. All the information being sourced from Institute database is static (not editable) and the same will be appearing with green background. Applicants, who do not agree with the details appearing in these fields, should fill in the Memorandum of Changes.
15. Applicants should note that Q. No. 13 onwards including Requirements of Urban Cooperative Banks /Credit & other cooperative society’s panel, is optional . However members are encouraged to provide the same to the extent possible since this would be considered to provide experience specific panels to various authorities/entities as per the criteria specified by them. No further information would be called for by the Institute in respect of experience requirements.
16. Complaint filing Mechanism
a) In case, an applicant faces any problem in accessing, operating or submission of MEF, complaint may be lodged by accessing complaint box link available on www.meficai.org
b) Applicants can lodge their complaint by using either MEF No./ MRN / FRN
c) On successful lodging of complaint, complaint number would be informed through email/SMS.
d) All the complaints lodged by the applicant would be looked into by PDC Secretariat.
e) Applicant would be able to view the status of their complaints by using MEF No./Complaint No./MRN/FRN .
f) In case, the complaint is not resolved or replied within a week, members can call at 011-30110444, 30110508, 30110451, 30110480 and 30110438.
17SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
A hard copy of the Declaration duly signed by all partners/ proprietor/ member practicing in individual name accompanied by a print of the e-mail acknowledging submission of MEF must be sent to ICAI by courier/speed post/hand delivery at the fo l lowing address in an envelope superscribed with “DECLARATION FOR MEF 2011-12 ” so as to reach on or before 9th September2011.
Professional Development Committee
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
ICAI Bhawan, Indraprastha Marg
New Delhi – 110 002
18. Receipt of hard copy of the Declaration will not be individually acknowledged. The same will be displayed on the website mentioning MEF number within 15 days of receipt of the Declaration . Declarations will then be verified for completeness and correctness and discrepancy(ies), if any , will be intimated to the applicant by email.
Members are advised not to correspond directly with the authorities on matters related to empanelment.
Revised norms for categorization of audit firms for their empanelment as branch auditors for public sector banks and branch allocation to different categories of audit firms.
|Category||No. of CAs exclusively associated with the firm (full-time)||No. of partners exclusively associated with the firm (full time) (Out of 2)||Professional staff||Bank audit experience||Standing of the audit firm|
|I.||5||3||8||The firm or at least one of the partners should have a minimum of 8 years experience of branch audit of a nationalized bank and/or of a private sector bank with deposits of not less than Rs.500 crore.||8 years|
|II.||3||2||6||The firm or at least one of the partners should have preferably conducted branch audit of nationalized bank or of a private sector bank with deposits not less than Rs.500 crore for at least 5 years.||6 years (for the firm or at least one partner)|
|III.||2||1||4||The firm or at least one of the CAs should have preferably conducted branch audit of a nationalized bank or of a private sector bank with deposits not less than Rs.500 crore for at least 3 years.||5 years (for the firm or at least one partner)|
Even proprietorship concern without bank audit experience may be considered as hitherto. (The proprietary concerns of Chartered Accountants with 1 paid CA, 2 professional staff and not having any statutory branch audit experience of a nationalized bank or of a private sector bank with deposits not less than Rs.500 crore will be treated at par with the partnership firm after deducting their 3 years seniority from the date of their establishment).
|2||Not necessary||3 years|
MEF PDC Complaint Center