New user-friendly features in the Oct. 2012 – Mar. 2013 ST-3 Return:
A. Previously, the assessees were able to view the filed returns using the option, ‘View Original ST3’. This facility has been enhanced with a new feature by displaying in the return, the list of error codes (with corresponding error messages). This will help the assessees to know about the errors so that they can exercise the option of filing Revised return by rectifying the errors. This facility will be made available shortly and the exact date will be intimated on ACES website.
B. As soon as the return uploaded by the assessee is accepted or rejected by the system, a system-generated message will be e-mailed to the assessee. The assessee can rectify the errors and file the corrected return.
3. Assessees who got registration on or after 01.07.2012 with ‘All Taxable Services – Other than in the Negative List’ or those who have amended their Registration by adding the description ‘Other than in the Negative List’, are required to file amendment to their Registration online and give the relevant description(s) of Taxable Service(s) available in the drop-down list in the online amendment form.
4. As per CBEC Order No. 3/2013 – Service Tax dt. 23-4-2013, the last date of submission of the ST-3 return for the period, Oct. 2012 – Mar. 2013 has been extended up to 31st August, 2013. To avoid congestion and inconvenience in the last minute, all assessees are hereby advised to start e-filing the returns immediately and not to wait till the last date.
5. The status of the XML file of ST-3 return uploaded by the assessee can be ascertained after one business day of uploading the return by accessing ‘RET > e-filing > view XML status’.
6. Revised ST-3 return can be filed within a period of 90 days from the date of filing the original return.
7. In case of any difficulty in accessing the ACES Application or in using the ST-3 offline utility, the assessees can seek help of the ACES Service Desk by sending e-mail to [email protected] or calling up national toll-free number 1800 425 4251. In general, the Service Desk functions on any working day from Monday to Friday between 9 AM and 7 PM & on Saturdays between 9 AM to 2.30 PM. In order to assist assessees in filing their ST-3 returns in time, in the month of August, 2013, the ACES Service Desk will function from 9 AM to 7 PM on all Saturdays and also on the last Sunday (25-8-2013).
8. It is advised that assessees may first go through FAQs before approaching Service Desk. It is further suggested that for general/basic clarifications relating to ACES, one may call up the toll-free number (1800 425 4251) and seek guidance. In case of specific difficulties while accessing the ACES application, users can directly e-mail service desk ( [email protected] ) with following information:
a) Name of the entity & Registration No.
b) Jurisdiction (Commissionerate, Division & Range)
c) Contact Person?s name, Phone number & Mobile Number
d) Full description of the problem
e) Date & Time of encountering the issue
f) Please attach relevant screen shots / Navigation paths, if any.
9. Please note that ACES Service Desk handles issues/difficulties pertaining to ACES Software Application only. For any information or clarifications regarding Central Excise/Service Tax law & procedures, you are advised to contact your jurisdictional Central Excise / Service Tax Office.
10. Those assessees of Service Tax who may not have requisite IT infrastructure/resources can seek the assistance from ACES Certified Facilitation Centres (CFCs) set up by eligible Members of ICAI/ICAI/ICSI, holding valid Certificates of Practice. Authorized persons of CFC’s can work in ACES on behalf of the assessees and the services would be available on payment of prescribed service charges for various services such as digitization of paper documents and on-line filing/ uploading of documents such as Application for Registration, Returns, Claims, Permissions and Intimations etc. in ACES. For more details, you may visit CFC Section of the ACES website.