Securities and Exchange Board of India
December 19, 2017
All the Recognized Stock Exchanges
Sub: Disclosure of holding of specified securities and Holding of specified securities in dematerialized form.
1. This circular is in continuation to Circular No. CIR/CFD/CMD/13/2015 dated November 30, 2015, prescribing the manner of representation of holding of specified securities.
2. Clause 2 (c) of the aforesaid circular has been amended as under:
“The details of the shareholding of the promoters and promoter group, public shareholder and non-public non-promoter shareholder must be accompanied with PAN Number (first holder in case of joint holding). Further, the shareholding of the promoter and promoter group, public shareholder and non-public non-promoter shareholder is to be consolidated on the basis of the PAN and folio number to avoid multiple disclosures of shareholding of the same person.”
3. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of the listed entities and also to disseminate the same on its website.
4. This Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 and Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 31 and Regulation 101(2) of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015.
5. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.inunder the categories “Legal Framework” and “Continuous Disclosure Requirements”.
TVVPS Chakravarti T
Deputy General Manager
Compliance and Monitoring Division
Corporation Finance Department