Securities and Exchange Board of India
Circular No. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DoP/P/CIR/2022/89 | Dated: June 24, 2022
SEBI Registered Intermediaries:
1. KYC Registration Agencies (KRAs),
2. Stock Brokers through Stock Exchanges,
3. Depository Participants (DPs) through Depositories,
4. Mutual Funds (MFs) and AMCs
5. Portfolio Managers (PMs)
6. Collective Investment Schemes (CIS),
7. Investment advisors
8. Registrar and Transfer Agents
10.Alternate Investment Funds (AIFs)
11.Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI)
Subject: Implementation of Circular on ‘Guidelines in pursuance of amendment to SEBI KYC (Know Your client) Registration Agency (KRA) Regulations, 2011’
1. SEBI, vide circular no. SEBI/HO/MIRSD/DOP/P/CIR/2022/46 dated April 06, 2022, had issued guidelines in pursuance of amendment to SEBI KYC (Know Your client) Registration Agency (KRA) Regulations, 2011. The provisions of this circular at clause 9 and clause 13 were to come into effect from July 01, 2022.
2. SEBI has received requests from the KRAs to extend the timelines for applicability of the clause 9 and clause 13. After consideration, it has been decided that:
2.1. KYC records of all existing clients (who have used Aadhaar as an OVD) shall be validated within a period of 180 days from August 01, 2022.
2.2. The validation of all KYC records (new and existing) shall commence from August 01, 2022.
3. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 and Regulation 17 of the SEBI (KYC (Know Your Client) Registration Agency) Regulations, 2011 to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities markets.
Deputy General Manager
Tel. no.:022 2644 9633
email id: [email protected]