CIR/CFD/DIL/7/2010 , Dated- July 13, 2010
1. It has been decided to make ASBA bid-cum application forms available for download and printing, from websites of the Stock Exchanges which provide electronic interface for ASBA facility i.e. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE). The ASBA forms so downloaded shall have a unique application number and can be used for making ASBA applications in public issues. A sample of the form is enclosed at Annexure A.
2. In order that the Stock Exchanges fill up essential details of an issue, the Merchant Banker to the issue shall ensure that the following details are provided to the Stock Exchanges at least two days before opening of the public issue:
a. Company Name
b. Type of issue
c. Issue opening date
d. Issue closing date
e. Price/ price band
f. Bid lot
g. Other relevant details
h. Soft copy of prospectus/abridged prospectus
3. The Stock Exchanges shall ensure the following :
a. The details furnished by the Merchant Banker to the issue are duly filled in the ASBA form for a specific public issue, before making the same available on websites.
b. The ASBA form for a specific public issue is made available on the websites of the Stock Exchanges at least one day before opening of the public issue.
c. A unique application number for an issue is generated for every ASBA form downloaded and printed from the websites.
d. Investors have online access to soft copy of the abridged prospectus/prospectus of the public issue.
e. For revisions of bids, investors can take print of a bid revision form.
4. Merchant Bankers and SCSBs are directed to provide a hyperlink to BSE or NSE websites for this facility on their websites.
5. All intermediaries are directed to comply with the instructions contained in this circular.
6. This circular shall be applicable to all public issues opening on or after July 19, 2010.
7. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 read with Section 11A of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
8. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in under the categories “Legal Framework” and “Issues and Listing”.