Securities and Exchange Board of India
July 24, 2017
All Registered Infrastructure Investment Trusts
All Registered Real Estate Investment Trusts
Sub: Online Filing System for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs)
1. In order to facilitate ease of operations in terms of applying for registration, reporting and various compliances under SEBI (Real Estate Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014 and SEBI (Infrastructure Investment Trusts) Regulations, 2014, SEBI has introduced an online system for filings related to REITs and InvITs. The online system can be used for application for registration, reporting and filing under the provision of aforesaid Regulations.
2. All applicants desirous of seeking registration as REITs or InvITs are now required to submit their applications online only, through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in. Furthermore, all SEBI registered REITs and InvITs are now required to file/ submit/ apply for any request, as may be required under the provision of aforesaid Regulations & Circulars issued there under, through the online system only. The aforesaid online filing system has been made operational.
3. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website – www.sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the Portal Helpline as specified in the manual.
4. Existing SEBI registered InvITs have already been advised to activate their online accounts.
5. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
Richa G. Agarwal
Deputy General Manager
Investment Management Department
Tel No.022-2644 9596
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org