Securities and Exchange Board of India
January 19, 2018
All Listed Entities
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
All Registered Merchant Bankers
Sub: Online Filing System for Offer Documents, Schemes of Arrangement, Takeovers and Buy backs.
1. In order to facilitate ease of operations in terms of seeking observations on draft offer documents, draft letter of offers and draft schemes of arrangement under SEBI (Issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2009, SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015, SEBI (Substantial Acquisition of Shares and Takeovers) Regulations, 2011 and SEBI (Buy Back of Securities) Regulations, 1998 and various circulars issued there under, SEBI has introduced an online system for filings related to public issues, rights issues, institutional placement programme, schemes of arrangement, takeovers and buy backs.
2. All Merchant Bankers that are required to file the offer documents and related documents in physical form with SEBI under the provisions of aforesaid Regulations shall simultaneously file the same online through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in.
3. Recognized stock exchanges filing the draft scheme of arrangement and related documents in physical form with SEBI under the provisions of SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 shall simultaneously file the same online through SEBI Intermediary Portal at https://siportal.sebi.gov.in.
4. Link for SEBI Intermediary Portal is also available on SEBI website- www.sebi.gov.in. In case of any queries and clarifications, users may refer to the manual provided in the portal or contact the Portal Helpline at +9122-26449364 or email at email@example.com.
5. The simultaneous filing of documents as mentioned above i.e. physical and online shall start from February 1, 2018 and continue till March 31, 2018. Thereafter, from April 1, 2018 physical filing of the aforesaid documents shall be discontinued and only online filing will be accepted.
6. SEBI registered Merchant Bankers and recognized stock exchanges have already been advised to activate their online accounts.
7. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
Deputy General Manager
Do you think CBDT should extend Tax Audit Report and relevant ITR Due Date? Please Comment, Vote, Retweet and Like.— Tax Guru (@taxguru_in) September 18, 2018