Securities and Exchange Board of India
May 17, 2018
1. All Foreign Portfolio Investors (through their designated Custodian of Securities)
2. The Depositories (NSDL and CDSL)
3. The Stock Exchanges (BSE, NSE and MSEI)
Subject: Amendment to SEBI Circular No. IMD/FPIC/CIR/P/2018/61 dated April 5, 2018 and Circular No. IMD/FPIC/CIR/P/2018/74 dated April 27, 2018 on Monitoring of Foreign Investment limits in listed Indian companies
1. SEBI vide Circular No. IMD/FPIC/CIR/P/2018/61 dated April 5, 2018 introduced a new system for Monitoring of Foreign Investment limits in listed Indian companies and prescribed guidelines w.r.t the necessary infrastructure, data to be provided by listed Indian companies and other related matters.
2. In view of the requests from various stakeholders, the following has been decided:
2.1. The deadline for the companies to provide the necessary data to the depositories has been extended to May 25, 2018.
2.2. The new system for monitoring foreign investment limits in listed Indian companies shall be made operational on June 01, 2018.
3. This circular is issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992.
4. A copy of this circular is available at the web page “Circulars” on our website sebi.gov.in. Custodians are requested to bring the contents of this circular to the notice of their FPI clients.
Deputy General Manager
Tel. No. 022-2644 9619