Important Information :Taxpayer Forgot Password
- PAN should be registered on TRACES
- Pan details entered while resetting the password must be same as mentioned at the time of registration
- Amount should be entered in two taxguru.in decimal places (e.g., 1234.56)
- For PAN holders, user id will be PAN Number only.
- Success message will be displayed. Email will also be sent at registered email id intimating the change of password.
Brief Steps for Forgot Password :Taxpayer
- To reset the password at TRACES, Taxpayer need to click on “Forgot Password” under “Login” tab
- Step 1: Taxpayer need to provide User id (PAN Number),Date of Birth , Name (First, Middle and Surname). In case PAN Details provided as per taxguru.in PAN card are shown as invalid on TRACES, then please verify the PAN details from www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Step 2 : Taxpayer is required enter value for either Option 1 or Option 2 or Option 3.
Option 1 : Details for Security Question & Answer.
Option 2 : Details from 26AS and Form 16/16A provided by the deductor
Option 3 : Details of self assessment tax, advance tax or TDS on Sale of Property
- Step 3 : User can reset the password
TRACES Home Page
Forgot Password – Step 1: User Details
Forgot Password – Step 2
Forgot Password – Step 3: New Password Details