CA Sandeep Kanoi
Sunday Evening when I was enjoying the evening with family suddenly My Email and Whatapps Message box shown spike of messages which were coming from our viewers and friends. The Most of the Messages/Emails were in respect of one Income Tax order in which it is claimed that Due date for Income Tax Return is been extended to 15th October 2015 from current 30th September 2015.
We checked the Notification for its authenticity and found that the same cannot be relied for the following reasons :-
2. We checked the official Websites of Income Tax, Government of India and Finance ministry and have not found any such notification, Order or announcement.
3. Income Tax Press release starts with F. No. while in this order it started with PF N0.
4. in Address of ICAI Pin code is 110001 instead of 110003.
5. Income Tax Office is in North Block not West Block.
6. Income Tax Department do not have ITEN division. Normally such announcement comes from TPL Division or ITA.II Division.
7. Its been issued on Saturday -26.09.2015 a day when CBDT offices were closed.
8. At the top date is 26.09.2015 but in signature the date is mentioned as 26/05/2015.
9. In Subject orders mentions extension of date of ITR but in body the Notification discussed about section 44AB related to Tax Audit.
10. Due dates for Tax Audit Returns is been specified under section 139(1) not under Section 44AB.
Order which is doing rounds on Social media is as follows :-
We request our readers to not to rely on any such notification unless they confirm the same with official website of Government of India or they may check our website where we will update them if any such announcement comes. Further do check status of various appeal pending in various high courts which are schedules for hearing today 28.09.2015 and for tomorrow 29.09.2015 at the following link-