GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE / DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
CENTRAL BOARD OF INDIRECT TAXES & CUSTOMS
NORTH BLOCK, NEW DELHI-110 001
Dr. John Joseph
Special Secretary & Member
Date: 11th Oct, 2019
My Dear Colleagues
Sub: Review of online refund functionality in the CBIC-GST Application -reg.
Please refer to the Advisory No 29 dated 26.09.2019 from DG Systems, Chennai on the above subject.
2. The advisory explains various processes and functionality for backend handling of refund claims by CBIC officers in the Refund module in the system. It is suggested that the proper officer in your zone may be sensitized to go through the advisory and appropriately handle the refund applications being filed online w.e.f. 26.09.2019.
3. The present status of refund claims Zone wise filed online in RFD 01 as on 11 Oct, 2019 is enclosed. It is expected that either Acknowledgement or Deficiency Memos is issued within 15 days of filing of refund claim. Out of the 5383 refund claims filed so far, it is noticed that 706 number of Acknowledgements RFD 02 and 304 number of Deficiency Memos RFD 03 have been issued. It is also noticed that only two RFD 05 Payment Order have been issued. Hence, it is requested that the Zonal Pr. Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners may review the disposal and pendency of refund claims on regular basis.
4. It is proposed to conduct a Video Conference (VC) on processing of refund claims in the newly launched online refund module on 16.10.2019 from 10:30 AM onwards from NACIN ZTI, New Delhi. It is requested that all the AC/DC who are proper officer for processing of refund claims may attend the VC. The concerned supervisory officer also may participate. Officers from GSTN would be briefing about the GSTN frontend facility of filing of Refund claims on Common portal. Officers from DG Systems, Delhi & Chennai would be briefing about backend handling of the Refund claims. The officers from the Zones may raise queries, clear doubts and also give feedback/suggestions on the module. Accordingly, you are requested to give directions to your officers.
With warm regards
Pr. Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioners, All CGST Zones.
1. Pr DG, NACIN Faridabad/Pr ADO, NACIN ZTI Saket, New Delhi.
2. CEO, GSTN, New Delhi.
3. ADG, DG Systems, De i & Chentiai