The income tax department has asked all deductors to register their TAN on TRACES web site. Once registered, the deductors will be provided User ID and password for authenticated access.
Benefit of TAN registration
The access will result in the following benefits to the deductors:
- View of status of all statements filed;
- Download of consolidated quarterly e-TDS / TCS statement for preparation of correction statement; and
- Other functionalities related to quarterly TDS /TCS statement.
Procedure of registration of TAN on Traces Website –
- Type in url www.tdscpc.gov.in in the address bar of the browser to access the TRACES website, TRACES homepage will appear, click on “Continue” to proceed further.
- Click on “Register as New User” tab, Select “Deductor” as the type of user and click on “Proceed”.
- Provide “TAN Number” in the respective allocated tab followed by capcha code to proceed further.
- Financial Year, Form type and Quarter for which KYC required will be auto populated. Enter Token Number of the Regular (Original) Statement only, corresponding to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed. Enter CIN/ PAN details pertaining to the Financial Year, Quarter and Form Type displayed on the screen on the basis of latest correction statement filed by you. Please DO NOT copy /paste the data .
- Deductor is required to fill Organization details such as “Category of Deductor, PAN of deductor, PAN of Authorised person and Date of Birth of Authorised person etc. to proceed further. For Government Deductor, PAN is NOT mandatory”.
- At Step 3, you will get option to choose Communication Address Details as per TAN Master or as per Last Statement Filed.
- At Step 3, you will also get option to fill Mobile number/Alternate Mobile Number/Email ID/ Alternate Email ID.
- Please Note: Fill in the correct Primary Mobile number and E-mail ID to receive the activation link and codes, as user needs to activate the account within 48 hrs of Registration.
- Step 4: Deductor is required to create his/her User Id (Check the Availability while creating the user ID) along with the password to proceed further.
- Step 5 : Deductor details can be seen on the Confirmation Screen , Deductor can still edit the details if required or else can click on “Confirm” for successful registration on TRACES website.
- After completion of all above steps, “Registration request successfully submitted ” message will appear on the screen. Deductor will receive activation link followed by activation code on registered “Email ID and Mobile number”, which can be used for activation of account.
- After successfully activation of account within 48 hrs of registration , user will be able to Login on TRACES website by entering the User id , Password , TAN of the Deductor and the verification code.
Republished with Amendments