THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY , [PART II—SEC. 3(i)]
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 5th May, 2015
G.S.R. 360(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 5 read with sub- section ( I) of section 7 of the Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 of 1952), the Central Government hereby makes the following Scheme further to amend the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952, namely:-
(1) This Scheme may be called the Employees’ Provident Funds (Second Amendment) Scheme, 2015.
(2) It shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 (hereafter referred to as Principal Scheme), in sub-paragraph ( ) of paragraph 38,‑
(i) for the words “by separate hank drafts or cheques”, the words “electronic through internet banking of the State Bank of India or any other Nationalised Bank authorized for collection” shall be substituted.
( ii) for first and second provisos, the following shall be substituted, namely:‑
“Provided that the Central Provident Fund Commissioner may for reasons to he recorded in writing, allow any employer or class of employer to deposit the contributions by any other mode other than Internet banking”.
3. In the Principal Scheme, for paragraph 48 the following paragraph shall be substituted as under:
“48. Current Account.- The Commissioner shall deposit the contributions received from the employers electronically through internet banking or any other mode other than internet banking in the Reserve Bank or the State Bank of India or any other Nationalised Bank in the Current Account of the Fund,”
F. No. S- 35012/02/2014-SS-II
MANISH KUMAR GUPTA, Jt. Secy.
Vide Notification No. Bkg.1(4)2010/Online Remittance /12871, Date: 24th June 2015 some relaxation from online payment been provided to employers paying monthly EPF contribution of less than Rs. One lakh per month.
2. Paragraph 38 of Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme, 1952 specifies the Mode of payment of EPF Contribution by Employers.