F.No. DIT(S)-III/ITR-V Extension/ 2012-13
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Directorate General of Income Tax (Systems), New Delhi.
Notification No. 01/2013 under CPR Scheme 2011
Dated: 7 January, 2013
Notification No. 1/2013
Subject : Extension of time limit for filing ITR-V forms for A.Y. 2010-11, A.Y. 2011-12 and A.Y. 2012-13
In exercise of its powers under clause (ii) of Para 14 read with clause (7) of Para 4 of the ‘Centralized Processing of Returns Scheme, 2011’, issued vide CBDT Notification No. SO 16(E), dated 4-1-2012, the Director General of Income Tax (System) hereby extends the time limit for filing ITR-V forms relating to Income Tax Returns filed electronically (without digital signature Certificate) for A.Y. 2010-11 [Filed during F.Y. 2011-12] and for ITRs of A.Y. 2011-12 [filed on or after 1-4-2011] till 28th February, 2013. In respect of returns filed for A.Y. 2012-13 for which ITR-V forms are yet to be received at CPC and time of 120 days has also elapsed, time limit for filing of ITR-V is extended upto 31st March, 2013 or 120 days from the date of uploading of the electronic return data, whichever is later.
This direction is issued to mitigate the hardship and grievance of the tax payers who have been prevented by reasonable causes to file the ITR-V in time.
(RANI SINGH NAIR)
Director General of Income Tax (Systems)
1. PPS to the Chairman and Members, CBDT, North Block, New Delhi.
2. All Chief Commissioners/Director General of Income-tax – with a request to circulate amongst all officers in their regions/charges.
3. IS (TPL)-I & II/ Media Coordinator and Official spokesperson of CBDT.
4. DIT (IT)/DIT(Audit)/DIT(Vig.)/DIT (Systems) I, II, IV, V /CIT (OSD)(Systems)/ CIT(CPC).
5. DIT (PR, PP & OL) with a request to add the extension of time limit for filing of ITR-V forms in advertisement/ media campaign.
6. TPL and ITA Divisions of CBDT.
7. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, IP Estate, New Delhi.
8. Web Manager, “incometaxindia.gov.in” for hosting on the website.
(s k Mishra )
Director of Income Tax (Systems)-III