MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 19th January, 2018
The following Act of Parliament received the assent of the President on the 19th January, 2018, and is hereby published for general information:—
GOODS AND SERVICES TAX (COMPENSATION TO STATES) AMENDMENT ACT, 2017
NO. 9 OF 2018
[19th January, 2018.]
An Act to amend the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017.
BE it enacted by Parliament in the Sixty-eighth Year of the Republic of India as follows:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Act may be called the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Amendment Act, 2017.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 2nd day of September, 2017.
2. Amendment to Schedule.
In the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017, in the Schedule,—
(i) after serial number 4 and the entries relating thereto, the following serial number and entries shall be inserted, namely:—
|“4A||Motor vehicles for the transport of not more than thirteen persons, including the driver.||8702 10,
8702 30 or
|Twenty-five per cent. Ad valorem.”;|
(ii) against serial number 5, for the entry in column (4), the entry “Twenty-five per cent. ad valorem” shall be substituted.
3. Repeal and savings.
(1) The Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Amendment Ordinance, 2017 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the said Act as amended by this Act.
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India.