CA Umesh Sharma
Krishna (Fictional Character): Arjuna, Yesterday itself we have celebrated Dassehra. On the Dassehra we do combustion of Ravan i.e. of evil activities. Similarly there are certain troublesome and difficult provisions in the GST. They are to be combust by the Government and taxpayers should be freed from the tragedy.
Arjuna: Krishna, what are the problems in GST?
1) It is very difficult to file GSTR – 1, GSTR – 2, GSTR – 3 and GSTR – 3B in every month for each taxpayer. So, government should allowed to the taxpayers whose aggregate turnover is less than 1.5 Crore to file quarterly returns.
2) In the GST as per the provision of RCM, the limit of expenditure is Rs. 5000. If it is crossed then tax is to be paid on it. It is very much difficult to control the expenditure and pay the tax after preparing the RCM bill. Therefore this limit is to be extended or release the small taxpayers from that.
3) In case of CGST, SGST and IGST there are different Cash ledgers and Credit ledgers. If there is any up or down in paying the tax in it, then there is no any option available for the amendment in it.
4) The provision of Refund is applicable to most of the Exporters. Refund can not be claimed by them due to delay in returns. Because of this working capital of the taxpayers is blocked.
5) In GST, tax is to be paid on advances. It is very difficult to pay tax on advance and adjust it at the time of billing. Only for services it may be kept.
6) Government not yet started the Filing of form TRAN -2. Most of the taxpayers are going to take the credit in that. Because of filing is not started, after the 3 months also, taxpayers cannot take credit.
7) At the time of registration if any information is missed or filed incorrect due to mistake, then it can be revised but in that option there are very much problems.
8) Most of the times the site of GST doesn’t work properly. Similarly it takes so much time to process the filed return.
9) 200 per day is the late fees charged by government which is levied on late filing of GSTR – 3B. Because of this taxpayers are in trouble.
10) In case of small traders, it is not compulsory to give HSN code in the bill. But it is important to give HSN wise details in the returns. It is very complicated to give information to the traders who have so many types of goods in trading.
Arjuna: Krishna, what lesson the taxpayer should take from Dassehra and GST?
Krishna: Arjuna, Government is continuously making changes in the Finance world like Demonetization, RERA, GST, etc. Everyone should be able to face these changes. There are so many problems. Similarly, the methodology of the Government is also not proper yet. Because of this so many difficulties are faced. As the Ram bring the happiness everywhere by combusting the Ravan on Dassehra, in that way the Government should free the taxpayers from the troubles of GST by combusting the complicated provisions of GST. Only after excile of the problems of GST is finished, Taxpayers can celebrate the dassehra in real way.