Finance Minister Arun Jaitely has announces on his Twitter handle that To facilitate taxpayers, late fee on filing of GSTR-3B for August 2017 & September has been waived. Late fee paid will be credited back to taxpayer ledger.
CBEC has notified the waiver vide its Notification No. 50/2017-Central Tax dated 24.10.2017
Finance Minister and BJP Government were under Pressure from Taxpayer and Consultant across the country for imposition of late fees despite an announcement earlier in this regard that same will not be levied. Many Tax associations has already announced boycott of GST Return filing due to unjustified imposition of Late Filing Fees for late filing of Form GSTR-3B.
To facilitate taxpayers, late fee on filing of GSTR-3B for Aug&Sept has been waived. Late fee paid will be credited back to taxpayer ledger.
— Arun Jaitley (@arunjaitley) October 24, 2017
1. This is a great and welcome move. Edit option to 3B is the need of the hour- CA Satya Prasad @_Sayta
2. Thank you sir. Also most merchants dont get the input tax credit done. Please give us a solution that we can upload the bills and claim ITC- Chinmayi Sripaada @Chinmayi
3. good to see govt accepting that taxpayers don’t have to pay for the screwups of gstn… venkat @venkat1962
4. …this is ”understanding” the people and be one with them. ashok choudhury @humanity_ashok
5. There should not be levy of penalty till the system of GST stabilises Pankaj C. Soni @PankajCSoni
6. U wasted crucial time of thousands of Tax Audit & Diwali , you could have done this earlier also Janta Maaf Nahi Karegi @narendramodi- Atul Modani @atulmodani
7. Please understand the problems of people GST proves as unplanned act by government CA Sanjay Devadiya