After my earlier Article on How to Generate E-way Bill in case of Export and Details to be filled in the mandatory fields of generating E-way Bill?
Now I am going to clarify few points which will help you while generating E-way Bill in case of Import.
Following are the mandatory Fields for generating E-way Bill
- Transaction Type
- Sub Type
- Document Type
- Document No.
- Bill From – GSTIN and State
- Dispatch From – Pin Code & State
- Bill To – GSTIN and State
- Ship to – Pin code & State
- Item Details – HSN & Value/Taxable Value
- Transportation Details – Transporter ID and Approximate Distance (in k.m.)
What Data we need to enter in the above mandatory Fields
- Transaction Type – Inward
- Sub Type – Import
- Document Type – Bill of Entry
- Document No. – Bill of Entry No.
- Bill From – In this since the supplier is unregistered, mention “URP” in GSTIN Column and in State – select “other countries”
- Dispatch From – Mention Pin Code “999999” (6 times 9) and in State – select “Other ountries”
- Bill To – In this since the recipient is registered, mention the GSTIN No. of recipient in the GSTIN Column and in State – select state in which recipient is registered.
- Ship To – Mention Pin Code and Select state in which goods are required to be shipped.
- Item Details – HSN Code of Goods being exported and Value of Goods
- Transportation Details – Mention Transporte ID/ GSTIN No. of Transporter
Now the last and crucial question is “How the approximate Distance has to be calculated”
Answer to the above is ” Distance is to be calculated from the place where the consignment is reached the country to the destination place (i.e. the place where goods are to be shipped) and not from the place of from where goods are dispatched.
For Queries you can reach me at my mail id email@example.com