How to Generate E-way Bill in case of Export and Details to be filled in the mandatory fields of generating E-way Bill?
Many assessees are confused while generating E-way Bill for export
Today I am going to clarify on few points which will help you while generating E-way Bill in case of Export.
Following are the mandatory Fields for generating E-way Bill
- Transaction Type
- Sub Type
- Document Type
- Document No.
- Bill From – GSTIN and State
- Dispatch From – Pin Code & State
- Bill To – GSTIN and State
- Ship to – Pin code & State
- Item Details – HSN & Value/Taxable Value
- Transportation Details – Transporter ID and Approximate Distance (in k.m.)
What Data we need to enter in the above mandatory Fields
- Transaction Type – Outward
- Sub Type – Export
- Document Type – Tax Invoice (which shall carry an endorsement“SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT ON PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX” or “SUPPLY MEANT FOR EXPORT UNDER BOND OR LETTER OF UNDERTAKING WITHOUT PAYMENT OF INTEGRATED TAX”
- Document No. – Tax Invoice no.
- Bill From – Supplier GSTIN and State
- Dispatch From – Mention Pin code and select State from where Goods are moving
- Ship To– In this since the recipient is unregistered, mention “URP” in GSTIN Column and in State – select “other countries”
- Ship To– Pin Code “999999” (6 times 9) and in State – select “Other countries”
- Item Details – HSN Code of Goods being exported and Value of Goods
- Transportation Details – Mention Transporter ID/ GSTIN No. of Transporter
Now the last and crucial question is “How the approximate Distance has to be calculated”
Answer to the above is ” Distance is to be calculated from the place from where the Goods are being dispatched upto the place from where the goods are leaving the country, after the custom clearance and not to the place of recipient.
For Queries you can reach me at my mail id firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also read my other Articles on E-way Bill
Who is required to generate E-way Bill ?
How to track Eway bills generated against our GSTN by third party