Govt notifies Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Repeal) Regulation, 2020. It shall come into force on the 26th day of January, 2020.
MINISTRY OF LAW AND JUSTICE
New Delhi, the 24th January, 2020/Magha 4, 1941 (Saka)
THE DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI AND DAMAN AND DIU (REPEAL) REGULATION, 2020
NO. 5 OF 2020
Promulgated by the President in the Seventy-first Year of the Republic of India.
A Regulation to repeal certain Regulations in force in the Union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and the Union territory of Daman and Diu.
In exercise of the powers conferred by article 240 of the Constitution, the President is pleased to promulgate the following Regulation made by him:—
1. Short title and commencement.
(1) This Regulation may be called the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Repeal) Regulation, 2020.
(2) It shall come into force on the 26th day of January, 2020.
2. Repeal of certain Regulations and savings.
(1) The Regulations specified in the Schedule annexed to this Regulation are hereby repealed.
(2) The repeal of any Regulation specified in the Schedule shall not—
(a) affect any other enactment or Regulations in which the repealed Regulations have been applied, incorporated or referred to;
(b) affect any principle or rule of law, or established jurisdiction, form or course of pleading, practice or procedure, or existing usage, custom, privilege, restriction, exemption, office or appointment, notwithstanding that the same respectively may have been in any manner affirmed or recognised or derived by, in or from any Regulations hereby repealed;
(c) revive or restore any jurisdiction, office, custom, liability, right, title, privilege, restriction, exemption, usage, practice, procedure or other matter or thing not now existing or in force;
(d) affect the previous operation of any law so repealed or anything duly done or suffered thereunder;
(e) affect any right, privilege, obligation or liability acquired, accrued or incurred under any Regulations so repealed;
(f) affect any penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred in respect of any offence committed against any of the Regulations so repealed;
(g) affect any investigation, legal proceeding or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, penalty, forfeiture or punishment as aforesaid, and any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced and any such penalty, forfeiture or punishment may be imposed, as if this Regulation had not been made;
(h) affect any duty, or fee levied, assessed or collected or purported to have been levied, assessed or collected under the Regulations under repeal, before the commencement of this Regulation, shall be deemed to have been validly levied, assessed or collected in accordance with law:
Provided that anything done or any action taken (including any appointment or delegation made, notification, instruction or direction issued, form, bye-law or scheme framed, certificate obtained, patent permit or licence granted, or registration effected) under any Regulations under repeal, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provision of this Regulation and shall continue to be in force accordingly unless and until superseded by anything done or any action taken under the said Regulation.
(3) The mention of particular matters referred to in sub-section (2) shall not be held to prejudice or affect the general application of section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 with regard to the effect of repeal.
(See section 2)
(1) The Daman and Diu Value Added Tax Regulation, 2005 (Reg. 1 of 2005).
(2) The Dadra and Nagar Haveli Excise Duty Regulation, 2012 (Reg. 1 of 2012).
RAM NATH KOVIND,
DR. G. NARAYANA RAJU,
Secretary to the Govt. of India