OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL ADDITIONAL DIRECTOR GENERAL OF SYSTEMS & DATA MANAGEMENT
GST & CENTRAL EXCISE, GST BHAVAN,
NO. 26/1, MAHATHMA GANDHI ROAD, NUNGAMBAKKAM, CHENNAI -34
Tele: 044-28331101 Fax:044-28331104 Mail: [email protected]
C.No IV/26/11/2017 Systems(S)
Pr Commissioners/ Commissioners
All GST Zones,
Sub: Issues Related to Refund of Excess Balance in Cash Ledger
Kind attention is invited to the advisory dated 23.04.2020 issued by this office regarding the systems related issues faced by the officers in processing online refunds.
2. “System error while issuing payment orders”- (2533 ARNs approx), was one of the two issues resolved by GSTN as mentioned in the referred advisory. Consequent to the resolution of this issue, it was requested to issue necessary instructions to the proper officers handling refunds under your Jurisdiction to resubmit the payment orders wherever the above-mentioned issue was noticed. While the payment order has got submitted successfully in most of the cases, in a few cases the following new errors have been reported. The list of errors and the approximate number of ARNs are listed below.
(i) Payment advice is already issued -85 ARNs
(ii) Tax Official Date should be greater than or equal to ref date – 39 ARNs
(iii)RFD-05 cannot be issued as the bank account for this refund application is pending PFMS validation – 2 ARNS
(iv) Account Number is invalid or Null in Bank detail- 14 ARNs
(v) Previous payment advice number is not available for Reissue- 2 ARNs
3. The above were discussed in a webex with GSTN on 27.04.2020 and from which, it is understood that the errors mentioned at S.No (i) and (ii) in Para 2, were due to a validation introduced recently by GSTN. As suggested by GSTN corresponding changes have been completed in our system and successfully tested now. Accordingly, the payment orders if resubmitted is getting resubmitted successfully to GSTN. It is therefore requested that necessary instructions may be issued to the proper officers handling refunds under your Jurisdiction to resubmit the payment orders wherever the above-mentioned errors were noticed.
4. With regard to the other errors including the old ones, GSTN team is analyzing the same and has committed to revert back with updates soon. As and when the issues are resolved, the same will be communicated to the field formations and a similar advisory shall be issued.
5. It is requested to share this advisory with all the officers processing refunds in your jurisdiction for necessary action. Any difficulty in processing the same may please reported to helpdesk by raising tickets with [email protected].
Additional Director General
Copy submitted to:
1. The Pr Director General, Directorate of Systems and Data Management, New Delhi.
2. Pr Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of GST
3. Pr Commissioner and Commissioner, policy wing, CBIC