SB Order No. 16/2021
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan New Delhi-110001
All Head of Circles/Regions,
Sub: – Regarding completion of SOL merger activity for merged CBS post offices.
A detailed Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for SOL merger activity for merged CBS post offices was shared by CEPT with CPCs/Circles through email dated 03.10.2017. When a CBS post office is merged with another CBS post office, all the accounts/agents/BOs etc should also be transferred to the SOL ID of the other CBS post office.
2. It has been brought to the notice of the Postal Directorate that most circles have not completed SOL merger activity as prescribed. As a result, accounts are still mapped to the merged SOL ID. This may lead to public complaint, incorrect accounting and misappropriation of government money.
3. In view of above, I am directed to share the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for SOL merger activity once again. The SOP must be followed in all instances of merger of one CBS post office into another. The existing pendency must be cleared by 31.07.2021 under intimation to this office.
4. It is requested to circulate this SB Order to all concerned for information and necessary action.
5. This is issues with approval of the DDG (FS).
Assistant Director (SB-II)
Enclosed: – As above.
1. Sr. PPS to Secretary (Posts)
2. PS to Director General (Postal Services).
3. PPS/ PS to Addl. DG (Co-ordination)/Member (Banking)/ Member 0)/ Member (P)/ Member (Planning & HRD)/ Member (PLI)/ Member (Tech)/AS & FA
4. Addl. Director General, APS, New Delhi
5. Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate / PLI Directorate
6. Deputy Director General (Vigilance) & CVO) / Sr. Deputy Director General (PAF)
7. Sr. Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of all PTCs
8. Director General P & T (Audit), Civil Lines, New Delhi
9. Secretary, Postal Services Board/ All Deputy Directors General
10. All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
11. Chief Engineer (Civil), Postal Directorate
12. All Sections of Postal Directorate
13. All recognized Federations / Unions/ Associations
14. GM, CEPT for uploading the order on the India Post website.
15. MOF (DEA), NS-II, North Block, New Delhi.
16. Joint Director & HOD, ICCW Building, 4 DeendayalUpadhyayMarg, New Delhi-110002
17. Guard File
18. Spare copies.
Standard Operating Procedure for SOL merger Activity
Section 1. MERGER REQUEST
Request for SOL Merger is received through CPC. The request should be sent with:
i. SOLID to be merged
ii. Name of SOL
iii. SOLID in which merged
iv. Name of SOL
v. Date of Closure of SOL
vi. No. of BOs to be transferred to new SOL
vii. No. of BOs, if any, to be transferred to any other SOL than the SOL specified in Column (iii)
viii. No. of Agents
ix. Approximate number of accounts ( all schemes put together)
Section 2. ACTION TO BE TAKEN ON MERGER VALIDATION REPORT
The validations which get listed in the report have to be cleared by the concerned SOL.
Typically, following validations get listed in the report:
1. Pending transactions to be done through HCASHPND
2. Pending closure of clearing zones
3. Negative balance in OAP accounts due to excess payout of interest
4. Asynchronous balance in office accounts
Action: BUAAB batch to be executed by CEPT for the SOL
5. Any other items getting listed in the report has to be handled on a case to case basis.
6. All entries pending for verification in HAFI should be cleared.
a. If account closure operations are pending, SOL / Division should compare the relevant manual records and take necessary action to verify/cancel the closure operation; closure transaction will be created on the date of verification of closure.
b. If account opening operations are pending, but account is shown as closed in HACLI such pending entries in HAFI can be ignored.
Section 3. MERGER ACTIVITIES
1. Bulk transfer of customer accounts (CEPT / SOL)
Failure reports generated during this activity will be shared with the SOL with following instructions:
i. Accounts which are shown as closed require no action at the SOL.
ii. Accounts which are shown as unauthorised have to be verified and then transferred by SOL user as per regular account transfer in HACXFSOL.
iii. Accounts which are shown as having transactions can be transferred by SOL user on the next working day using HACXFSOL.
iv. Once all the accounts are transferred out, please ensure that userids from the SOL get transferred out.
2. Modification of account SOLID for the BOs in CBOMAP (CEPT)
3. BO account creation at new SOL for RICT transactions (CEPT)
4. Modifying agents’ operating SOL to the new SOLID in HDSAMM (SOL)
DSA ids can be modified in HDSAMM and the SETID field should be updated with the new SOLID/HO SetID so that agent transactions for the transferred out accounts can be accepted at the new SOL without any issues. This is required for handling agent transactions during the wait period between the merger request and completion of all the merger activities.
5. Transferring out of all users from the SOL (CPC/Userid Team)
CPC to register request in userid portal for transferring users and userid team will do the needful.
6. Bulk transfer of Signatures (CEPT)
7. Bulk transfer of CIF (CEPT)
8. Bulk transfer of Agents (CEPT)
9. Balance transfer from Office Accounts (CEPT)
10. Delinking of SOL from all the SETS and deletion-marking of the SOL (CEPT)