OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (GEN), MUMBAI CUSTOMS
F. No. S/43-Cont/Mise/104/2019
Sub: COVID-19 Facilitation measures – Temporary provision of grant of online permission for container movement on the basis of documents submitted online – reg.
Attention of Steamer Agents/ Shipping lines and all concerned is invited to Public Notice No. 82/2018 dated 16.06.2018 vide which procedure for grant of permission for movement of containers from port has been laid down. Para 4 of the said Public Notice makes it mandatory for shipping lines to submit hard copies of all documents which they have submitted by email for grant of permission for Container movement by the end of the next working day. Representations have been received from Shipping Lines/ Steamer Agents that the requirements of submission of hard copy be temporarily not insisted in view of the current Covid 19- Pandemic.
2. Considering the current circumstances of COVID-19 situation, it has been decided to temporarily defer the submission of hard copy of documents, as required under Para 4 of Public Notice No. 82/2018 dated 16.05.2018. The hard copy of the said documents will be submitted by the concerned shipping line within 05 days of removal of the lockdown.
3. Difficulty faced, if any, in implementation of this Public Notice may be brought to the notice of Deputy/ Assistant Commissioner in-charge of the Container Cell.
4. Action in terms of decision taken in this Public Notice should be considered as Standing Order for the purpose of Officers and Staff.
Commissioner of Customs
NS-General, JNCH, Zone-II
1. Chief Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone-II
2. All the Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone-II
3. All the Additional/Joint Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone-II
4. All the Deputy/Assistant Commissioner of Customs,Mumbai Zone-II
5. DC, EDI for uploading on the JNCH website.