OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NS-V)
MUMBAI ZONE-II, JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TALUKA: URAN, DISTRICT: RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA400707.
No. S/26-M isc-917/17-18/CLC
STANDING ORDER NO. 07/2018
Subject: Submission of Paper Book containing all requisite documents for effective arguments to defend the case before CESTAT- regarding.
Attention of all officers and staff of JNCH is invited to the above mentioned subject.
2. It has brought to the notice by Commissioner (AR). CESTAT, Mumbai that the department does not file paper book containing copies of SCN, documents relied upon in the SCN, record of personal hearing, written submission made by the Noticees during and pursuant to Personal Hearing, relied upon case laws, HSN Explanatory Notes, relevant Statutory provisions and tariff applicable during relevant period, Test Report, Technical Literature etc. which are required by Authorized Representative to effectively argue the case before CESTAT.
3. In order to address the above issue, it has been decided that in all the pending cases involving revenue above Rs. 1 Crore, the concerned Group/Section shall immediately prepare paper book pertaining to each such appeal consisting of all requisite documents including the documents as pointed out by Commission (AR) CESTAT and forward the same to the Commissioner (AR) CESTAT.
4. Further, in all the pending cases before CESTAT, Mumbai wherein early hearing applications have been filed by the department, such paper books should be prepared immediately and forwarded to Commission (AR) CESTAT at the earliest so that the case can be effectively argued as all such cases are taken up by CESTAT for hearing on priority basis.
(VIJAY SING H CHAUHAN)
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS-(NS-V)
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen, I, II,III,IV,V, JNCH.
3. The Commissioner (AR), CESTAT, Mumbai
3. The Addl./Jt. Commissioner of Customs, NS-Gen, I, II,III,IV,V JNCH.
4. All the Dy. / Asst. Commissioner of Customs, NS-I,III,V, JNCH.
5. The DC/AC, EDI for uploading on JNCH Website immediately.
6. Notice Board.