OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, NS-III
MUMBAI CUSTOMS ZONE-II
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
TAL:- URAN, DIST : RAIGAD. PIN –400 707.
F. No. S/22-Gen-402/2017-18/ AM (I)/JNCH
PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 111/2017
Subject: – Procedure for execution / monitoring of “No Use Bond” in respect of clearance of import FCL containers involving NOC from Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) -Reg.
Attention of the Importers, Exporters, General Trade, Port Terminal Operator, Shipping Lines / Shipping Agents, CFSs coming under the jurisdiction of JNCH, Nhava Sheva and all other stakeholders is invited to the Public Notice No 182/2016, dated 23.12.2016, 23/2017, dated 01.03.2017, 41/2017, dated 24.03.2017 and various other decisions communicated through Standing Orders / Public Notices issued from time in relation to Direct Port Delivery.
2. In order to streamline the procedure of execution and monitoring the “No Use Bond”executed by DPD importers, following procedure is prescribed and to be followed, henceforth—
i. “No Use Bond”, (which is an Undertaking given by the Importer for not utilizing the goods, until they receive NOC from the respective PGA or some other agency) shall be submitted to the concerned group. Importer has the option to submit separate “No Use Bond”for each Bill of Entry or “Continuity ‘No Use’ Bond”.
ii. The concerned Group Officer will be required acknowledge and accept the separate “No Use Bond”(Undertaking Bond) each time, when Bill of Entry is filed. However, in case of ”Continuity ‘No Use’ Bond”, it requires to be accepted only for the first time. Details of such bonds shall be entered in the manual register maintained for this purpose at the Group level. A photocopy of this duly accepted Bond shall be handed over to the importer or his Custom Broker.
3. PROCEDURE IN RESPECT OF SEPARATE “NO USE BOND”FOR EACH CONSIGNMENT:
3.1 Non-Facilitated Bill Of Entry: In case, the Bill of Entry, for which the Bond is furnished, is routed through Group, entries in the EDI BE shall be made by Group officer in the ‘UT Column’ of ‘Bond Menu’ and suitable comments shall be entered in the ‘Departmental Comments’ Menu regarding the purpose of ‘No Use Bond’.
3.2 Facilitated Bill Of Entry: In case, the Bill of Entry, for which the Bond is given, is facilitated through RMS for ‘No assessment and No Examination’: In such cases also, concerned Group Officer is required to accept the said No Use Bond (Undertaking Bond). In such cases, AC/DC Group should recall the Bill of entry, and enter the suitable comments in the ‘Departmental Comments’ Menu regarding the purpose of ‘No Use Bond’. Thereafter, AO Group shall, on priority, enter the particulars about “no use bond”in the Bond Menu (UT) and forward the Bill of entry to AC/DC Group for onward forwarding to OOC officer.
4. PROCEDURE IN RESPECT OF “CONTINUITY NO USE BOND”:
4.1 Non-Facilitated Bill Of Entry: Importer will enter the particulars of the bond in the “UT”field of the Bill of Entry at the time of filing of Bill of entry itself. Group officer will enter suitable comments in the ‘Departmental Comments’ Menu regarding the purpose of ‘No Use Bond’.
4.2 Facilitated Bill Of Entry: Importer will enter the particulars of the bond in the “UT”field of the Bill of Entry at the time of filing of Bill of entry itself. OOC officer (Docks / DPD RMS Facilitation Cell) will enter suitable comments in the Departmental Comments’ Menu regarding the purpose of ‘No Use Bond’ before issue of “Out of Charge”.
5. The concerned Group officer shall finalize / close/ cancel the Bonds in manual register as well as in System, based on the reports received from the PGAs/other agencies. In case of adverse report, action shall be initiated by Group Officer as per the Customs Act or any other Act for the time being in force and matter should be brought to the notice of concerned Group ADC/JC in charge.
6. At the end of the month, the Group officer shall take out the details of pending Bonds from system and submit the same to the concerned ADC/JC along with reasons of pendency on or before 5th of next month. ADC/JC in charge of Group shall monitor the pendency and any contravention / delay should be brought to notice of concerned Commissioner.
7. A monthly report of pending Bonds shall be forwarded by each Group to the Appraising Main (Import), along with MPR (in the following format), for centralized monitoring of these Bonds.
|Sr No||Month||No of “no use bond” Accepted during the month||No of “no use bond” closed during the month (including Bonds accepted in Earlier months)||No of “no use bond”pending for closure (including bond accepted in earlier months)||No of “no use bond” pending for closure for more than 1 month.|
8. In case of any difficulty, the specific issue may be brought to the notice of Deputy/Assistant Commissioner in charge of DPD Cell, NS-III (email address: email@example.com)
9. Action to be taken in terms of decisions taken in this Public Notice should be considered as standing order for the purpose of officers and staff.
Commissioner of Customs (NS-III).
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-I/ NS-II / NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. Representative of BCBA / FIEO for information and circulation among their members for information.
7. AC/DC, EDI for uploading on JNCH website immediately