OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS (NHAVA SHEVA-I)
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CUSTOM HOUSE, NHAVA SHEVA,
URAN, RAIGAD, MAHARASHTRA – 400 707
FAX: 022-27243245 e-mail: [email protected]
F.No. EDI/Misc-230/2011 JNCH (Pt File)
STANDING ORDER NO. 28 /2019
Sub: Implementation of ICES Test Module (Sample Test Entry) – reg.
Sample Test Entry sub-module has been developed and integrated in APR and INS role of ICES for generating, drawl and dispatching samples in ICES for testing of imported goods from Customs to the Central Revenue Control Laboratory (CRCL) and Textile Committee Laboratory.
2. Accordingly, attention of all the officers in the jurisdiction of the Jawaharlal Nehru Custom House (JNCH) is invited to the existing options of Sample Test Entry sub-module at Sr. No. 19 and Sr. No. 12 in APR and INS roles respectively in ICES Application.
3. The requirement of testing the imported goods can be felt by the officers in appraising group or officers at Import Docks/CFS.
3.1 Procedure for generating test memo at Appraising Group
While appraising the BE, the Appraiser, if desires to draw a sample of an item for testing purpose, will have to close the Appraising Option and Select Option – Sample Test Entry; from the main menu and will generate the test memo by recording the test instructions in the following manner:-
The Appraiser shall note down the test memo no. in a register against every Bill of Entry where sample is to be tested, and while assessing the Bill of Entry, Appraising Officer shall also mention the generated test memo No. and date in his examination order/instructions of the Bill of Entry for drawl, transmitting/printing the test memo at docks.
3.2 Procedure for generating test memo at Docks
While examining the goods, Inspector (Examiner) or Appraiser at Docks may also feel the need to test the goods in some circumstances. In this case, after taking approval from the AC/DC in-charge of the CFS/Docks, the docks officer shall follow the procedure mentioned at para 5 above by clicking at Sr. No. 12 of INS Role. After generating the test memo, the docks officer shall mention the test memo no & date and record the reasons for testing the goods in departmental comments and get the Bill of Entry marked to Appraising Group (APR) for approval of test memo.
3.3 Draw Sample Approval
3.3.1 The Appraising Group officers shall examine the docks officers’ proposal for drawl of sample as per merit of the case and approve/disapprove the proposal of Docks officer by clicking the draw sample approval in Sample Test Entry sub-module at Sr. No. 19 of APR role of ICES by recording their reasons for approval/disapproval in departmental comments. A screenshot of the approval window is appended below for ready reference:-
3.3.2 After approval/disapproval of the docks offices’ proposal, the bill of entry shall be marked to docks for compliance of appraising groups’ instructions accordingly.
3.3.3 It is mention-worthy here that in case the test memo is generated by the docks officers, the sample will not be drawn and dispatched in system till the appraising group approve the same.
4. At Import Docks level, Step wise workflow for drawl of sample, transmitting/printing the test memo are given as under:-
5. Each Appraising Group shall ensure that consolidated records of samples sent for testing are maintained for effective monitoring of provisional assessments in the following proforma:-
|Sr. No.||Bill of Entry & Date||Invoice No.||Item No.||Name of Importer & IEC||Name of CB and contact No.||Type of Bond/(s) and date of
of the bond
|Test Memo No. & Date||Lab Name||Receipt of test report||Date of finalization||Impact of finalisation in terms of revenue etc.|
Difficulties, if any, in this regard may be brought to the notice of the undersigned.
(S. K. Mall)
Commissioner of Customs
NS (I), J.N. Custom House.
1. The Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai Zone-II, JNCH for information.
2. The Commissioner of Customs, NS-G/ NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
3. All Additional / Joint Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
4. All Deputy / Assistant Commissioner of Customs, JNCH.
5. All Sections / Appraising Groups of NS-G, NS-I, NS-II / NS-III/ NS-IV / NS-V, JNCH.
6. The DC/EDI for uploading on the JNCH Website.