[PUBLISHED IN THE GAZETTE OF INDIA, EXTRAORDINARY, PART II SECTION 3, SUB-SECTION (I)]
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE)
1st March, 2006
Notification No. 21/2006-Customs
G.S.R. 122 (E)- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 25 of the Customs Act, 1962 (52 of 1962), the Central Government, on being satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest so to do, hereby directs that each of the notifications of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), specified in column (2) of the Table given below shall be amended or further amended, as the case may be, in the manner and to the extent specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) of the table aforesaid, namely:-
|Sl. No.||Notification No. and Date||Amendment|
dated the 29th August, 1970
|In the said notification, for condition (i), the following shall be substituted namely:-
“(i) the defective articles were brought into India earlier from places outside India by an importer who is an individual and the defective articles are his private personal properties;”
dated the 28th March, 1990
|In the said notification, in condition (4), in the second Proviso for the words “Central Government” the words “Deputy Commissioner of Customs or Assistant Commissioner of Customs” shall be substituted.|
|3||153/94-Customs, dated the 13th July, 1994||In the said notification, in the Table, S.No. 3 and the entries relating thereto shall be omitted.|
dated the 13th July, 1994
|In the said notification, in Explanation to S. No. 5, for the word “five”, the word “ten” shall be substituted.|
dated the 16th May, 2001
|In the said notification,-
(a) in the opening paragraph, for the words and figures: “paragraph 4.4.2” the word, figure and alphabet “4A.2” shall be substituted;
(b) in condition (iv), for the words, figure, brackets and alphabet “said paragraphs 8.13(b)”, the word, figure, brackets and alphabet “paragraphs 4A.2 and 4A.2.1” shall be substituted.
dated the 1st March 2002
|In the said notification, in column (3) of the Table at Sl. No. 350, for the word “barges”, the words “barges or pontoons” shall be substituted.|
1. Notification No. 80/70-Customs, dated the 29th August, 1970, was last amended by notification No. 129/86-Customs, dated the 17th February 1986.
2. Notification No. 157/90-Customs dated the 28th March, 1990 , was last amended by notification No. 24/2002-Customs, dated the 1st March, 2002 .
3. Notification no. 153/94-Customs, dated the 13th July, 1994 was last amended by notification No. 101/95-Customs, dated the, 26th May, 1995 .
4. Notification No. 154/94-Customs, dated the 13th July, 1994 was published in the Gazette of India, vide G.S.R. 583(E), dated the 13th July, 1994 and was last amended by Notification no. 50/2005-Customs, dated the 20th May 2005, [G.S.R. 331(E), dated the 20th May, 2005].
5. Notification No. 55/2001-Customs, dated the 16th May, 2001 was published vide G.S.R. 360(E), dated the 16th May, 2001 and was last amended by notification No. 50/2005-Customs, dated the 20th May, 2005 [G.S.R. 331(E), dated the 20th May, 2005].
6. 21/2002-Customs dated the 1st March, 2002 was published vide G.S.R. 118(E), dated the, 1st March, 2002 and was last amended by notification No. 88/2005-Customs, dated the, 30th September, 2005[videG.S.R.619 (E), dated the 30th September, 2005].