Govt of India
Ministry of Finance
Dept of Revenue
Telephone: 044 25230371
Fax : 044 25230371
OFFICE OF THE COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS, CHENNA
CUSTOM HOUSE, NO.60, RAJAH SALAI, CHENNAI 600 001.
F. No. S. Misc. 02/2018-19-A.M-II
Sub: Changes introduced vide Finance Act 2022 in the Customs Tariff w.e.f. 01.05.2022- Waiver of Late Fee – reg.
Attention of all Importers/ Exporters, Custom Brokers, CFS Custodians, General Trade and all other stake holders under the jurisdiction of Chennai Customs Zone is invited to Changes introduced vide Finance Act 2022 in the Customs Tariff w.e.f. 01.05.2022.
2. In view of the above, there would have been difficulties in filing of Bills of Entry for the vessel arrived on 01.05.2022 & 02.05.2022 due to Systems Error code 523. Hence, “Late Fee” imposable in terms of Bill of Entry (forms) amendment Regulations, 2017 vide Notification No. 27/2017-Customs (N.T.) dated 31.03.2017 will be waived off in respect of Bills of Entry filed belatedly, which pertains to IGM’s filed on 01.05.2022 & 02.05.2022 on production of negative acknowledgement.
3. This Public Notice shall be considered as a Standing Order for the purpose of officers and staff of the Department.
4. Difficulties faced, if any may be brought to the notice of the Additional Commissioner of Customs (Appg. Main) for necessary action.
COMMISSIONER OF CUSTOMS
1. The Chief Commissioner of Customs, Chennai Customs Zone( for kind information).
2. The Principal Commissioner / Commissioner of Chennai Customs Zone
3. All Addl. / Joint /Dy./ Asst. Commissioner of Customs, Import Commissionerate
4. The Deputy Commissioner of Customs, EDI, for uploading in Chennai Customs website.
5. CHS for displaying in Notice Board.