Instruction no. 6/2019-Customs
F. No. 15017/63/2019-ICD(CBEC)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs
North Block. New Delhi
Dated the 27th December, 2019
The Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners; All Principal Director Generals and Director Generals.
Sir / Madam,
Sub: Centralised processing of proposal for foreign deputations-reg.
As per extant instructions, proposals for foreign deputations are approved at the level of Revenue Secretary, Finance Minister or Screening Committee of Secretaries, as the case maybe.
2. It has been noticed that proposals involving foreign visit/ deputation for meetings, conferences, training, workshops etc., are being received/submitted in a casual manner without due diligence with reference to subject matter, time and manner of submission. Therefore, a need has been felt to streamline the procedure for preparing and processing the proposal for foreign deputation to maintain quality, consistency and uniformity.
3. The work relating to foreign deputations is centralised with the International Customs Division (ICD) in the Board. Therefore, it is not only desirable but also appropriate that as per work allocation such foreign visit/deputation files are put up for approval of the competent authority by the ICD.
4. Accordingly, hereinafter, all proposals for foreign visits/deputations under CBIC will be submitted to the Competent Authority through the International Customs Division. The procedure for submission of proposals will be as follows:
(i) On receipt of the reference/invitation or pre-scheduled meetings requiring foreign visit by any wing of the Board (relating to their respective charge), the same shall be processed well in time and with the approval of the Member-in-Charge, the proposal for foreign deputation shall be forwarded to the Director/OSD in-charge of International Customs Division along with details as per the attached format, for further processing.
(ii) In relation to MCTP of in-service officers and International Attachments of probationers, NACIN Faridabad, shall process the files and upon obtaining the approval of Member, in-charge of NACIN, the same will be forwarded to the International Customs Division along with details as per the attached format, for further processing and issue of necessary deputation orders.
(iii) Except as indicated at (i) & (ii) above, all invitations requiring foreign deputation shall be sent to ICD wing without processing for further necessary action.
(iv) The Director/OSD in-charge of the ICD. on receipt of proposal will immediately process the matter further for necessary approval/financial concurrence, from competent authority and issue requisite sanction/approvals.
5. Except in unforeseen circumstances. all proposals should be sent to the International Customs Division one month before the scheduled date of meeting, leaving sufficient time for the competent authority to take a view/decision in the matter. Generally, proposals received leaving less than one-month time for the meeting will not be entertained.
6. All such proposals/communications shall be addressed to the:
International Customs Division,
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs. Ministry of Finance,
Room No. 49, North Block, New Delhi.
Ph: 011- 2309 3380 (off); 011-2309 3760 (fax.)
Email: [email protected]
7. This issues with the approval of the Board.
8. Hindi version follows.
Joint Commissioner (ICD)
FORMAT FOR PROPOSALS FOR FOREIGN DEPUTATION
(to be sent to ICD wing as per Board’s instruction 6/ 2019 dated 27. 12.2019)
|1||Name of the meeting|
|2||Dates of the meeting|
|3||Country (ies) in which the meeting is scheduled|
|4||Nature of meeting (Training, Conference, workshop, seminars, presentation of papers, bilateral/ multilateral meeting, Negotiation etc).|
|5||Invitation received from (please attach copy)|
|6||Agenda of the meeting (please attach copy)|
|7||Source of funding|
|8||Justification on why officers from CBIC should attend the meeting|
|9||Details of the past participation in identical meeting (details for past 3 year to be attached)|
|10||Name and designation of the officers proposed for participation in the meeting along with justification|