Amidst the worldwide fear of Novel Coronavirus, (COVID – 19), MCA has rolled down a web-based form Company Affirmation of Readiness towards COVID 19. Amidst the lockdown state in the country this form has already created buzz both at the Board level of the management and professionals. However MCA has said ”Stakeholders may please note that the form has been deployed as a purely confidence building measure to assess the readiness of the companies to deal with COVID-19 threat in India. As such no penalty or enforcement related action is applicable. Stakeholders may at their convenience file this form. It is purely voluntary as part of our contribution towards joining the movement to fight against the spread of the disease.”
But, as per the MCA Notification the same will be applicable to all Companies / LLP irrespective of any criteria levied on it. So the Companies / LLPs whether they have permanent employees or not have to file it.
Some features of Form are:
1. It is a simple web form with minimum fields and can be filed from anywhere. It is available as a ‘Post-login’ service for both ‘Registered’ as well ‘Business User’.
2. There is no payment of fee for this form.
3. Any one of the current Authorized Signatories of the Company/LLP can submit the form online. Thus, CS, CFO, Managing Director, Director, Designated Partners or Authorized person who has been authorised for such purpose can file the form on behalf of Companies / LLP.
4. No DSC is required to file the form.
5. Only OTP verification is done for submission of form.
6. In case of Director / Designated Partner signing the form their mobile number will be automatically prefilled from database. In all other case, the Mobile Number shall be editable should be that of the person who is authenticating the form as it has to be verified by a One Time Password (OTP).
7. Once the form is filed, No SRN is generated, a system based acknowledgement will be sent to:
Step by Step Guide to file the form:
Considering the present scenario of lockdown, this step by step guide will enable the Companies/LLPs to file their response straight from their home
Company Affirmation of Readiness towards COVID-19
Step 1: Enter valid CIN/ FCRN/ LLPIN/ FLLPIN
Step 2: Click on Pre-fill
Step 3: System will Pre-fill the name of the Indian company or a Foreign company or LLP or Foreign LLP
Step 4: Select whether Company/LLP is in compliance of COVID-19 Guidelines including work from home policy
Step 5: Select whether the Authorized Signatory of the Company / LLP who is providing the affirmation has a valid DIN/ PAN or Membership Number.
Note: such authorized signatory should be currently associated with the company/LLP.
Step 6: Enter valid DIN in case of Director /PAN in case of other Key Managerial Personnel / Membership Number in case of Company Secretary in full time employment.
Step 7: Click on Pre-fill
Step 8: In case DIN of a Director is entered, mobile number available in database shall be Pre-filled.
Note: Where mobile number is not Pre-filled, the field shall be editable and mobile number can be entered by the user.
Step 9: Click on ‘Send OTP’ button. OTP shall be sent to the mobile number entered.
Step 10: Enter OTP received on the mobile number and click on ‘Verify OTP’ button
Step 11: Once OTP is verified, success message shall be displayed.
Step 12: Click on ‘Submit’ button to submit the form.
Hope it helps in compliance.
Stay safe..!! Stay Home..!!