Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), India Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India has issued Instructions for transfer online EPF during this Pandemic situation (COVID-19).
In case of change of Job, it is important to switch EPF account from previous employer to the new employer.
i. must have active UAN (Universal Account Number)
ii. If UAN is inactive, kindly activate at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
iii. UAN Holders details should be updated which includes such as Aadhaar details, Bank details etc.
iv. details can be checked in the ‘KYC’ option under the ‘Manage’ tab after logging in to your account.
v. Mobile number should be active.
vi. at least one of the employer’s – previous / present – DSC must be registered on the portal
vii. PF number of both past and present employers are registered on the EPFO database
√ Valid ID proof (Aadhaar, PAN card, or driver’s licence)
√ Revised Form 13
√ Mobile phone with registered SIM
√ Current employer’s details
√ Bank account number (salary account)
√ Old and new PF account details
1. Login to Member Interface of Unified Portal https://unifiedportalmem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
2. Login with your UAN and Password
3. Click on “Online Services”and then click “One Member – One EPF Account (Transfer request)”
4. Verify “Personal information”and “PF Account “for present Employer
5. Click on “Get details”and view PF Account details of previous employment.
6. Click to select Employer(Previous / Current) for Attestation.
7. Click on “Get OTP”(OTP will be send on UAN Registered Mobile Number)
8. Enter the OTP and click “Submit”
Tracking ID will be reflected post successful submission.
Unified Members Portal: https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface
Tracking Mechanism to check the status of online transfer of EPF account
1. UAN Holder will track the status through the Member e-SEWA portal.
2. Click option – ‘Track Claim Status’ under the ‘Online Services’ Tab.
This whole transfer process has to be done to reduce overall tax liability from the balance accumulated in two separate accounts (Account with Previous and New Organization). An EPF account becomes inactive after leaving a job. The status of the form is changed to ‘approved’ by the employer post Employer approval. The Process is simple and easy and generally, it took a period of two months to complete the whole transfer process.
Disclaimer: The contents of this article are for information purposes only and does not constitute an advice or a legal opinion and are personal views of the author. It is based upon relevant law and/or facts available at that point of time and prepared with due accuracy & reliability. Readers are requested to check and refer relevant provisions of statute, latest judicial pronouncements, circulars, clarifications etc before acting on the basis of the above write up. The possibility of other views on the subject matter cannot be ruled out. By the use of the said information, you agree that Author / TaxGuru is not responsible or liable in any manner for the authenticity, accuracy, completeness, errors or any kind of omissions in this piece of information for any action taken thereof. This is not any kind of advertisement or solicitation of work by a professional.