Niti Aayog Registration: Benefits & Eligibility
In the period of Digitalization, now Government is focusing on maintaining a centralized database of all NGO/Society/Trust which want to avail government grant/funding to achieve their objectives. For that purpose, government has now, made it mandatory for all NGO/Society/ Trust to take registration in Niti Aayog before approaching any government department to present their project/ apply for government welfare scheme funding from them.
To help all NGO/Trust/Society who want to enroll under Niti Aayog I have already published an article in which detail procedure is elaborated on how to register under Niti Aayog which can be accessed from this link.
After the publishing of this article, I have received many queries from NGO’s regarding what are the benefits and Eligibility criteria for Niti Aayog Registration.
As explained above, the aim of government is to maintain a centralized database of all NGO/Trust/Society desirous to work for the welfare of society and wants to raise fund/grant from government department to achieve their objectives.
As per government database, as on date 82203 NGOs as already enrolled on NGO Darpan portal, on which you can easily track/search the details of registered NGO. Some of the Major benefits are:
1. It is mandatory to get Niti Aayog registration for getting government funding.
2. It improves the credibility for NGO/Trust/ Society for getting donation from general public also.
3. NGO Darpan Portal maintains database of Blacklisted NGO’s also.
4. Through this portal you can directly apply for grant, to the ministry from which you want to avail donation/grant
Eligibility Criteria for Niti Aayog Registration:
1. As on Date, NGO/Trust/Society having valid PAN Number is eligible to apply for Niti Aayog Registration. Persons in Individual Capacity are not allowed to apply for Niti Aayog Registration
2. Must have valid mail id and Mobile Number
3. Must have valid PAN Card, Aadhar Card details of governing body members
4. Must have valid Trust Deed/ Society Registration Certificate
Q- Does Niti Aayog Provide grants to its registered NGO’s ?
Ans: No, Niti Aayog will not provide any grants to NGO directly. On the basis of information provided by NGO, they will allot Unique Id which you have to mention, while applying grants from respective ministry as per objectives of your NGO.
I have tried to resolve general queries as come to me related to Niti Aayog registration.
Courtesy: NGO Darpan Portal
This article is for the purpose of information and shall not be treated as solicitation in any manner and for any other purpose whatsoever. It shall not be used as legal opinion and not to be used for rendering any professional advice. This article is written on the basis of author’s person experience. Adequate attention has been given to avoid any clerical/arithmetical error, however; if it still persist kindly intimate us to avoid such error for the benefits of others readers.
The Author can be reached at mail –[email protected] and Mobile/Whatsapp – 9911303737