1. Family pension benefit extended to those who have died under Covid.
2. Dependent family members entitled to pension equal to 90% of average daily wage drawn.
3. To be applicable from 24.03.2020 till 24.03.2022.
4. Amount of max insurance benefit increased to 7 lacs.
5. Amount of minimum insurance benefit is 2.50 lacs from 15.02.2020 till next three years.
6. Benefit to be made available to those workers who have changed jobs in preceding 12 months from date of death.
Family Pension to be given to dependents of those who lost their lives due to Covid under Employees State Insurance Corporation
Insurance benefits under the EDLI scheme enhanced and liberalized
These schemes will help mitigate financial difficulties faced by the families: PM
Posted On: 29 MAY 2021 7 47PM by PIB Delhi
In addition to the measures announced under PM CARES for Children- Empowerment of Covid affected children, Government of India has announced further measures to help families who have lost the earning member due to Covid. They will provide pension to families of those who died due to Covid and an enhanced & liberalised insurance compensation.
PM said that his Government stands in solidarity with their families. He also said that through these schemes, efforts are being made to mitigate financial difficulties that may be faced by them.
Family Pension under Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESC)
Employees Provident Fund Organization- Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI)
The insurance benefits under the EDLI scheme have been enhanced and liberalized. Apart from all other beneficiaries, this will in particular help the families of employees who have lost their lives due to COVID.
Detailed guidelines of these schemes are being issued by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.