GOVERNMENT OF NCT OF DELHI
DELHI DISASTER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
F/1.(589)/DDMA(HQ)/Misc. Matters/COVID/21/373 Dated: 15.04.2021
1. Whereas, Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) has issued Order No. 364 dated 06.04.2021 as well as Order No. 366 dated 08.04.2021 with regard to imposition of night curfew on movement of individuals in NCT of Delhi from 10:00 pm to 05:00 am and Order No. 368 dated 10.04.2021 with regard to prohibited / restricted activities, till 30.04.2021 or further orders, whichever is earlier;
2. And whereas situation of COVID-19 in NCT of Delhi has been reviewed and it has been observed that there has been a sharp increase in COVID-19 cases during last few days along with high positivity rate and therefore, it is felt that in order to contain the fast spread of virus, additional prohibition / restriction on certain activities and weekend curfew needs to be imposed in the territory of NCT of Delhi, except for essential activities/services, as an emergency measure for well being and safety of people.
3. Now, therefore. in exercise of powers conferred under Section 22 of the Disaster Management Act. 2005. the undersigned, in his capacity as Chairperson, State Executive Committee. DDMA, GNCTD hereby directs that, besides ongoing measures/restrictions as per DDMA Order No. 364. 366 & 368 the followings activities shall also be prohibited/restricted in NCT of Delhi till 30.04.2021 or further orders, whichever is earlier:
i. All Shopping Malls, Gymnasiums, Spas, Auditoriums, Assembly Halls, Entertainment Parks and similar places will be closed.
ii. Cinemas/Theatres/Multiplexes will be permitted to open with 30% of their seating capacity.
iii. Only one weekly market per day per zone in all three Municipal Corporations/ New Delhi Municipal Council/ Delhi Containment Board shall be allowed subject to the strict compliance of enclosed SOP and all instructions / guidelines issued by Gol / GNCTD from time to time to contain the spread of COVID-19. Weekly Market shall be selected by the Zonal Dy. Commissioner of Municipal Body as per enclosed guidelines for selection of weekly market dated 10.09.2020 and the information shall be shared with the respective District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner of Police for effective implementation. In case, it is observed that weekly market cannot function at the fixed /regular place as per SOP/Guidelines of DDMA then such weekly market can be allowed to function at some other nearby ground/school ground, where the SOP/guidelines of DDMA can be strictly implemented. If it is found in any such weekly market that vendors and/or customers are not following instructions prescribed in SOP, such market will be closed forthwith by District Magistrate / Zonal Dy. Commissioner of Municipal Body.
4. Further, there shall be weekend curfew on movement of individuals in NCT of Delhi from 10.00 pm on 16.04.2021 (Friday) to 05:00 am on 19.04.2021 (Monday) Following Categories of individuals are however exempted from the above restriction of movement during curfew:
a) Officers / officials of Government of India, its Autonomous/Subordinate offices & Public Corporations and officers/officials of GNCT of Delhi/Autonomous Bodies/Corporations involved in emergency services such as Health and Family Welfare and all related medical smooth functioning of all modes of public transport ( such as handling of cargo, ticketing, air freight station, CFS, ICD etc.), Disaster Management and related services, NIC, NCC and Municipal services, and all other essential services on production of valid I card. The uninterrupted delivery of public services shall be ensured by the concerned departments/agencies.
b) All Judicial officers / officials of courts of Delhi on production of valid I card.
c) All private medical personnel such as Doctors, nursing staff, paramedical, etc. and other hospital services (such as hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and other medical & health services), on production of valid I card.
d) Pregnant women and patients for getting medical / health services.
e) Person coming from/going to Airports/Railway stationslISEas allowed to travel on production of valid ticket.
f) Officers/officials related to functioning of offices of Diplomats of various countries as well as persons holding any constitutional post on production of valid I card
g) Electronic and print Media on production of valid I card.
h) There shall be no restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement / transportation of essential / non-essential goods. No separate permission / e-pass will be required for such movements.
i) Movement of persons related to commercial and private establishments providing following essential services/commodities shall be allowed:
i. Shops dealing with food. groceries, fruits & vegetables, dairy & milk booths, meat & fish, animal fodder, pharmaceuticals, medicines and medical equipments.
ii. Banks, Insurance offices and ATMs.
iii. Telecommunications. Internet services, Broadcasting and Cable services, IT and IT enabled services.
iv. Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce.
v. Petrol pumps. LPG, CNG, petroleum and gas retail and storage outlets.
vi. Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services.
vii. Cold storage and warehousing services.
viii. Private security services.
ix. Manufacturing units of essential commodities.
x. Production units or services. which require continuous process.
j) Persons who are going for COVID-19 vaccination.
5. The movement of the individuals specified above in para-4(i) & 4(j) shall be allowed only with the possession of e-pass (in soft or hard copy), which can be obtained by applying on the website www.delhi.gov.in. The concerned District Magistrates shall be responsible for issuance of e-passes for above activities and for overall implementation of these measures in their respective jurisdiction. All other line department officials in the specified area will work under the directions of DM/SDM concerned.
7. Further, during weekend curfew, movement of persons for marriage related gatherings upto 50 persons and funeral/ last rites related gatherings upto 20 persons is continued to be allowed.
8. All District Magistrates of Delhi & their counterpart District Deputy Commissioners of Police and all authorities concerned shall ensure strict compliance of this order and shall adequately inform and sensitize the field functionaries about these instructions for strict compliance, in letter and spirit. All enforcement authorities to note that these restrictions fundamentally relate to movement of people, but not to that of essential goods / services.
9. In case any person is found violating the aforesaid instructions, the defaulting person(s) shall be proceeded against as per the provisions of section 51 to 60 of Disaster Management Act, 2005. Section 188 of IPC and other applicable laws.
Chief Secretary , Delhi