MINISTRY OF CHEMICALS AND FERTILIZERS
(Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals)
New Delhi, the 15th April, 2021
S.O. 1664(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by section 16 of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 2016 (11 of 2016), (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government, being of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do in the public interest after consultation with the Bureau of Indian Standards, hereby makes the following order, namely:-
1. Short title, commencement and application. – (1) This order may be called the Linear Alkyl Benzene (Quality Control) Order, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force on the expiry of one hundred and eighty days from the date of its publication in the Official
(3) It shall apply to goods or articles specified in column (1) of the Table below, but shall not apply to such goods or articles meant for export.
2. Conformity to standards and compulsory use of Standard Mark. – Goods or articles specified in column (1) of the Table below shall conform to the corresponding Indian Standard given in column (2) of the said Table and shall bear the Standard Mark under a licence from the Bureau of Indian Standards as per Scheme-I of Schedule-II of the Bureau of Indian Standards (Conformity Assessment) Regulations,
3. Certification and enforcement authority. – The Bureau of Indian Standards shall be the certifying and enforcing authority in respect of the goods or articles specified in column (1) of the
4. Penalty for contravention. – Any person who contravenes the provisions of this order shall be punishable under the provisions of the said Act.
|Goods or article||Indian Standard||Title for Indian Standard|
|Linear Alkyl Benzene||IS 12795:2020||Linear Alkyl Benzene – Specification|
[F. No. PC-II 46016/ 6/2020-Tech.CPC – Pt-1]
KASHI NATH JHA, Jt. Secy.