RELIEF MEASURES UNDER LABOUR LAWS TAKEN AMIDST COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Keeping in view of the Covid-19 Pandemic, Government of India has announced a nationwide lockdown from midnight of 24/03/2030.
The GOI has made an appeal to all the employers to not deduct the salaries of their employees during the period of lockdown and hence this has put a financial burden on the employers to manage their finances when there will be no enough liquidity of funds.
In view of the above, the GOI has tried to relieve the financial pressure to some extent by announcing certain relaxations in compliance under various Statutory Acts.
Following are the relaxations announced under various statutory labour laws;
1. Due Date for filing and payment of contributions for the month of February 2020 and March 2020 have been extended up to 15/05/2020.
Employees Provident Fund &MP Act :-
1. GOI had announced relief under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojna (PMGKY) for the months of March 2020, April 2020 and May 2020.
2. GOI will pay the 24% PF contribution for establishments fulfilling the following conditions;
3. Employers eligible for this benefits have to pay the administration (0.5%) & inspection (0.5%) charges only.
4. Gov has also given relaxation the condition of simultaneously paying the dues after filing the ECR . The establishments can now pay the dues later after filing the ECR however, dues should be paid within the due dates / extended due dates.
5. Due Date for March 2020 has been extended up to 15/05/2020.
6. No penal action against the employer, if ECR is filed in time and dues are paid within the extended time.
Appeal to all Establishments :-
All employers are requested to start their own Twitter and Facebook accounts to address the grievances of their employees.
Benefits to Employees:-
1. For employees, Gov has allowed the employees in service to withdraw 75% of accumulated balance or 3 months of salary (Basic +DA) or the claim amount whichever is lower.
2. Software changes have been made to make date of birth corrections as under;
3. Prerequisite to file withdrawal / advance withdrawal claims,
Q 1. How can one know if their establishment is eligible for the benefit under PMGKY?
Q 2. Are the benefits given to all establishments submitting the declaration ?
Q 3. How to update the KYC of Employees without DSC ?