MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
New Delhi, the 4th January, 2017
S.O. 26(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
Whereas, the Employees’ Pension Schemes, 1995 framed under the Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952 (19 to 1952) is having members and pensioners and the Central Government makes its contribution and provides subsidy for which the expenditure is incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government in the Ministry of Labour and Employment hereby notifies the following, namely:––
1. (1) Members and pensioners of the Employees’ Pension Scheme desirous of continuing to avail pension and membership to the Employees’ Pension Scheme by availing the Central Government’s contribution and subsidy under the said Scheme, are hereby required to furnish proof of the possession of the Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication as per the procedure laid down by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation for better and hassle free identification through Aadhaar.
(2) A member or a pensioner of the Employees’ Pension Scheme desirous of continuing the benefit of the said Scheme, who is not yet enrolled for Aadhaar shall be required to make an application for Aadhaar enrolment by 31st January, 2017, in case he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per the provisions of section 3 of the said Act and such members and pensioners may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) to get enrolled for Aadhaar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the said member, the Central Government’s contribution and subsidy under the aforesaid Employees’ Pension Scheme shall be given based on the alternate and viable means of identification as notified by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation subject to the production of the following documents, namely:–
(a) (i) Identity certificate issued by the employer or field office of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (the template as specified by the Ministry of Labour and Employment) with the Unique Account Number (UAN) issued by the said Organisation;
(ii) if the member or pensioner has enrolled, his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(iii) a copy of the request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragaph (2) of paragraph 2, and
(b) (i) the voter identity card issued by the Election Commission of India; or (ii) the Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; or (iii) the Passport; or (iv) the driving license issued by the Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (v) the certificate of identity having photo of such member issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (vi) any other document specified by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Employees Provident Fund Organisation through its field offices and their networks.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free Central Government’s contribution and subsidy under the aforesaid Employees’ Pension Scheme for the benefit of the members, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation through its field offices and their networks shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:––
(1) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through the concerned establishments shall be given to the member applicants to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar for the purpose of availing the Central Government’s contribution and subsidy under the aforesaid Employees’ Pension Scheme and in case such members are not enrolled, they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest enrolment centers available in their Block or Tehsil or Taluka by 31st January, 2017 and the list of locally available enrolment centres should be made available to
(2) In case, the members or pensioners are not able to enroll due to non-availability of enrolment centres in their Block or Tehsil or Taluka, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation is required to create enrolment facilities at convenient locations. The member or pensioner may be requested to register their request for enrolment by giving their names with other details, such as, membership number, address, mobile number on Employees’ Provident Fund Organization’s web portal and such requests can also be registered with the Employees Provident Fund Organisation through its field offices as per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and update) Regulations, 2016, the Employees Provident Fund Organisation shall offer enrollment facilities at convenient locations.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in all States except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. R-11025/3/2015-SS-II]
R. K. GUPTA, Jt. Secy.