Follow Us :

Procedure For Change In Registered Office Outside The Local Limits of The City But In The Same State And Same ROC

As discussed in the previous article about the change in the Registered Office of a company with the same State/City/Town/Village here we are going to see the detailed steps required to change the Registered Office of a company within the same state but outside the limits of the same city and under the jurisdiction of the same RoC.


1. Seek the approval of the Board of Directors of the company for the said alteration and decide a date, day, time, and venue to conduct the General Meeting of the Shareholders for their approval.

2. A Special Resolution is required to be passed in the said shareholders meeting (the votes casted in favour of the resolution should be thrice the votes casted against the resolution)

3. File form MGT-14 within 30 days from the passing of the Special Resolution as required under Section 117 of the act.

4. File notice of change of Registered Office of the company in form INC-22 in the manner as prescribed to the Registrar within 30 days of the same and the same shall be recorded.

5. Give intimation of change in the situation of Registered Office to all the concerned departments, etc. and make necessary corrections in the name board, stationery and records of the company wherever it is required.


  • Certified True Copy of the Special Resolution.
  • Notice of general meeting along with the explanatory statements.
  • Proof of registered office (Utility bills) – not older than 2 months.
  • NOC that company is authorised to use the address as the Registered Office of company.

Join Taxguru’s Network for Latest updates on Income Tax, GST, Company Law, Corporate Laws and other related subjects.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *